Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Charts in a Workspace  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dwitkin

Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Charts in a Workspace

Postby dwitkin » 24 May 2013

I may be missing it, but I looked in the assignable keyboard shortcuts and didn't see a shortcut that would allow me to flip between multiple chart windows in a workspace. Does this capability exist? Right now, I'm using the Window menu to flip between charts, which is a bit tedious.

If not, I'd like to propose it as a feature request. Consider mapping the default value to [CTRL]-[TAB] which has a similar purpose in some other apps like Firefox.

JoshM

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Charts in a Workspace  [SOLVED]

Postby JoshM » 25 May 2013

I may be missing it, but I looked in the assignable keyboard shortcuts and didn't see a shortcut that would allow me to flip between multiple chart windows in a workspace. Does this capability exist? Right now, I'm using the Window menu to flip between charts, which is a bit tedious.

If not, I'd like to propose it as a feature request. Consider mapping the default value to [CTRL]-[TAB] which has a similar purpose in some other apps like Firefox.
Сurrently Ctrl - Tab already cycles through the charts in a workspace, in the order as the charts are listed in the Windows drop down menu. This works whether you have the charts maximized or 'normal' size. At least, that's how it works here on my end in normal MultiCharts and the .NET version on Windows 7 SP1. Or is this shortcut removed in the latest beta version?

dwitkin

Re: Keyboard Shortcut to Switch Charts in a Workspace

Postby dwitkin » 27 May 2013

Josh,

You are right; [CTRL]-[TAB] works. I assumed it didn't and didn't even try it since it was 'unmappable' via the keyboard shortcuts mapping functionality.

Thanks Josh. Much appreciated.

Return to “MultiCharts”