How do I find my MC.net user ID?

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
MidKnight

How do I find my MC.net user ID?

Postby MidKnight » 31 May 2013

Hello,

I've had the "joy" tonight of getting a windows 7 crash. After several attempts to reboot and let the system run its repairs utility, it finally booted up. However it has changed things. When I go to start MC.net64 with the shortcut an error window pops up saying that msi.dll is missing. I checked c:\windows\system32 and it is indeed missing (well its a zero length file). I thought maybe re-installing MC might put a new msi.dll in but I'm unable to download it because it wants my MC user id and because I can't start MC, I can't figure out what it is.

What a frustrating night, thank god its Friday.

With hope,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Re: How do I find my MC.net user ID?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 31 May 2013

Hello MidKnight,

msi.dll is a system dll, it does not come with MultiCharts.
Check out this guide to resolve the issue (have not tried it myself, just googled it).
I have sent you the direct download links in PM.

MidKnight

Re: How do I find my MC.net user ID?

Postby MidKnight » 31 May 2013

Thanks Henry,

I had read that last night when I googled the issue. One of the possible fixes in that list is to re-install applications that may also install msi.dll - that is why I was going to try and re-install MC.net.

I think I'm forced to reinstall the whole OS again. Such is the way of the windows world. This is why I was a Linux user in my life before trading. Sadly, not much trading software works on Linux.....

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”