MC .net with IB data issue

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
futuretrader8

MC .net with IB data issue

Postby futuretrader8 » 03 Jun 2013

while getting futures data from zenfire has no issue, but i can't get historical data from IB, even for the minute data. any solution?

MidKnight

Re: MC .net with IB data issue

Postby MidKnight » 03 Jun 2013

You need to elaborate more:

- have you enabled activeX sockets and allowed trusted IPs from the IB TWS config?
- are you sure you are connected to IB? menu File | Broker Profiles
- have you added IB symbols through the quote manager?
- what type of data are you trying to get? volume, time, tick, and how far back in history

It works OK here.

With kind regards,
MK

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jun 2013

Hello futuretrader8,

In addition to MidKnight's suggestions please check the following:
In MultiCharts go to File tab->Preferences->Data server mode
Make sure you are in online mode, "download missing historical data" is enabled.

Then go to MultiCharts->File->New->QuoteManager window->Tools->Data Sources->Interactive brokers->Settings->make sure "Download historical data" is checked. If you change the option-it will come into effect only after all processes restart.

futuretrader8

i have all my setting done correctly, but i still can't get historical data but only data from the time i connected. btw, i use a different trading platform at same time which could get historical data correctly. very strange.

futuretrader8

You need to elaborate more:

- have you enabled activeX sockets and allowed trusted IPs from the IB TWS config?
- are you sure you are connected to IB? menu File | Broker Profiles
- have you added IB symbols through the quote manager?
- what type of data are you trying to get? volume, time, tick, and how far back in history

It works OK here.

With kind regards,
MK
for 1),2),3) yes, for 4) i understand there is no tick historical data from IB, so i only look for downloading time data but not available, rather, i only get data from the time when i get connected, not backward, although i set to get back 30 days data.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 03 Jun 2013

Please come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate this behavior.

MidKnight

i have all my setting done correctly, but i still can't get historical data but only data from the time i connected. btw, i use a different trading platform at same time which could get historical data correctly. very strange.
Henry, because he is using 2 platforms connected to the TWS at the same time, could there be an issue with his other trading platform taking over the order management TWS client ID (CID) ? Just an idea. I have had issues with other software in the past when they were both connected to TWS at the same time. As an isolation, maybe the original poster could try just connecting MC.net only to the TWS and see if it works.

With kind regards,
MK

futuretrader8

yes i did run several platform in several computers, but they all connect to TWS with different client ID, the other three paralleled running platform has no issue at all, but two MC (again, each platform i assigned different client ID) i have issue with getting history data, but no issue to get current data. if client ID was the issue, TWS simple rejects connection, but here both MC get connected to TWS and did get data stream for current status(i.e. the data from the time of connection to TWS).

the other weird issue is, one of MC' s IB data feed stopped at about 10:12am with no reason, although connection status to IB is still green. at the same time, i have no issue for other three non-MC platform and also have no issue for another MC's IB feed(of course, i mean the data feed from the connection time).

well till now i still can't figure out what's the bug.

MidKnight

Something else I should add. Open the Quotemanager when you first try and load your chart. See what the logging pane on the bottom shows you. Possibly gives a hint for diagnoses.

With kind regards,
MK

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”