MC and IB Gateway on 64b Windows

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spark

MC and IB Gateway on 64b Windows

Postby Spark » 06 Jun 2013

Hello!

Could you please help me to fix delay in order execution (about 10 minutes!) and several other lags (e.g. in Symbol Lookup I see "Searching" for a long time, Position Match does not work correct)

I'm running x64 OS and don't have any idea what to do with the problem

Thanks!

Spark

Re: MC and IB Gateway on 64b Windows

I've installed both Java 64 and 32.
Please help me! I can't stop my strategy and have serious trouble!

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 06 Jun 2013

Hello Spark,
Could you please help me to fix delay in order execution (about 10 minutes!)
Please be more precise in your description. Go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window -> Orders tab. Provide a full sized screenshot of this tab and specify the question you have.
several other lags (e.g. in Symbol Lookup I see "Searching" for a long time
Which symbol are you trying to find? What do you type into the lookup field? Attach a screenshot.
Position Match does not work correct
Are you using SA or AA auto trading mode? Do you place orders manually for the same symbol you are auto trading while auto trading is running?

Spark

Please be more precise in your description. Go to File -> New -> Order and position tracker window -> Orders tab. Provide a full sized screenshot of this tab and specify the question you have.
Attached. I use SA auto-trading, in my strategy code I assigned strategy to execute oreders only from HH:29:30 to HH:30:30 (1 minute to execute)
But you can see time different from defined.
On x32 version it worked fine.

Which symbol are you trying to find? What do you type into the lookup field? Attach a screenshot.
Any symbol (e.g. AGU), as on the screenshot.

Thank you Henry!
Attachments
Order window.png
Order window
(37.28 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
Mapping.png
Symbol lookup
(12.46 KiB) Downloaded 541 times

Spark

Postby Spark » 07 Jun 2013

I've forgot to mention that I run Windows 2008 Server

Spark

Postby Spark » 07 Jun 2013

Update: the problem haven't been solved yet. After 10 min of waiting for the MC connection to map the AGU symbol, it does. At this moment second API connection to IB Gateway was established.

I attach screenshot, could someone tell me what's the matter?
Attachments
API 2 Connected.png
(21.83 KiB) Downloaded 549 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 07 Jun 2013

Attached. I use SA auto-trading, in my strategy code I assigned strategy to execute oreders only from HH:29:30 to HH:30:30 (1 minute to execute)
But you can see time different from defined.
On x32 version it worked fine.
What exact version and build number of MultiCharts are you using (Help -> About MultiCharts)?
Please attach the following information for further investigation or send it to my email (support@multicharts.com):
- workspace you are using;
- in QuoteManager select the symbol you are using, make a right click on it->Export data->Export instrument. Send me the Qmd export file for analysis;
- in Power Language editor->File->Export->export with dependent functions the signals you are on this workspaces for order generation. send me the study export file.
Update: the problem haven't been solved yet. After 10 min of waiting for the MC connection to map the AGU symbol, it does. At this moment second API connection to IB Gateway was established.
Which port do you have selected in QuoteManager->Tools->DataSources->IB->Settings?
What is the port of your IB Gateway?

You can also come to our live chat Monday-Friday 6:30 am - 4 pm EST to demonstrate these issues remotely and we will collect all required for analysis information.

faschim

Postby faschim » 10 Jun 2013

I recently had an issue with slow updating of orders and I tracked it down to my virus and spyware protection program. The communication traffic between multicharts and IB tws and IB tws to IB servers was really winding up the program. I turned off real-time protection on the anit virus/spware program and it solved the problem. My delays ranged from 30 - 60 seconds.

Spark

Postby Spark » 18 Jun 2013

I'm sure it's not an MC problem, but Windows 2008 Server or Java.

I've tried to run latest MC and IB Gateway, TWS on another machine, also 2008 Server.
The problems are just the same. IB Gateway isn't stable at all, can't just look up the symbol without lagging and connection from random clients to IB Gateway.

While useing TWS, everything seemed to be OK, but on the second day of testing Position Match returns False for many positions....

How do you think, is it worth installing Windows 7 64bit as a solution for such strange behaviour?

Return to “MultiCharts”