Exchange time zone

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
brendanh

Exchange time zone

Postby brendanh » 10 Jun 2013

Hi,

Please help me understand how the Exchange time zone settings work by confirming the following settings are correct for the London Stock Exchange. London is currently in British Summer Time which is UTC+1. It falls back to UTC last Sunday in Oct at 1am, then forward to BST again last Sunday in March at 1am:

Many thanks,
Brendan

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Exchange time zone

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Jun 2013

Hello Brendan,

If you constantly update your Windows (time zone updates) then you can select
the option From System Options: UTC (Dublin, Edinburg, Lisbon,London).

Custom settings should be like that:
Attachments
LON-Time.png
(22.92 KiB) Downloaded 797 times

brendanh

Postby brendanh » 10 Jun 2013

Thanks for your reply. I had the "Offset from GMT when not under daylight savings:" set to 60 should have been zero (have corrected original screenshot). If London changes from UTC to UTC+1 in late March, the offset should be 60 not -60, is this correct?

I take your point about Windows time zone settings, but I'm looking for general Exchange settings rather than just the UK time zone I am in, so let's try another. New York Stock Exchange. Is currently UTC -4, goes back to UTC -5 first Sunday in November and forward again to UTC -4 second Sunday in March. Both at 2am. Is this correct:

Also, why don't any of the Exchanges shipped with Multicharts have daylight savings settings? All are in a fixed time zone. Does this mean they are wrong six months of the year in many cases?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 11 Jun 2013

MultiCharts uses your system time and time zone settings. When your system goes to Daylight savings time - MultiCharts does that too. It also knows when a certain time zone goes to Daylight savings time even if it is different from your PC time zone. Windows updates issued by Microsoft usually contain time zone settings updates (if there were any changes). So if your system is updated - you do not need to manually setup the exchanges. Just make sure the proper time zone is selected for the exchange and leave the default time zone settings. If you still want to modify them - select Custom and previously grayed out settings will be filled with Microsoft settings taken from the system.

Here are the correct New York settings:
Attachments
NY-Time.png
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 768 times

Return to “MultiCharts”