Genetic System Builder

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Genetic System Builder

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2006

Are there any plans to develop a Genetic System Builder. Since Grailsystems stopped the developement, I'm sure there is a market for such a tool.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 19 Sep 2006

We're adding genetic optimization, it will be included in the new beta due out this week.
Could you please tell more about the Genetic System Builder, what does it do?

Postby Guest » 19 Sep 2006

We're adding genetic optimization, it will be included in the new beta due out this week.
Could you please tell more about the Genetic System Builder, what does it do?
Thanks for the fast response

3. Genetic System Builder (GSB)
GSB creates NEW strategies using a genetic algorithm combined with a predefined built-in library of indicators. Thus GSB creates trading strategies for you and therefore it evaluates many new systems it has modeled itself from scratch. GSB do require a substantial amount of time from users to really get to know it. If users are not prepared to spend such an amount of time, then we would rather recommend them to stick to our GWFO and GGO products.
With regard to your question: Although GSB is primarily designed for futures trading, it can also be used to model new strategies on stocks. However, the current version do not allow "long/short only" strategies or the specification of "dollars per trade", that one would typically like to use for stocks.

The grailsystems have a topic in the TS forum.
http://www.TS.com/Discussions ... 924&Page=1

Postby Guest » 20 Sep 2006

interesting idea, best would be to add a function that genetically optimizes different rules for a given strategy, so in the end the user can then decide if the GA optimizes only the parameters of the system or the rules or even both. I generally found that optiming rulesets is more stable than just fitting indicator signals.

have all fun in the fomc game :D

Alexey Kramer

Postby Alexey Kramer » 26 Sep 2006

I apologize for the delay. The idea is very interesting and we will keep it in mind.
The problem is I can’t download GSB demo since the product is not available anymore. It would be great if you send me manual of the program.

Return to “MultiCharts”