Quote Manager showing "Not supported"

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
shanoballs

Quote Manager showing "Not supported"

Postby shanoballs » 24 Sep 2006

Hi, I'm using the latest MC beta, when I try to connect a symbol by right clicking and selecting "Connect symbol" in quote manager, under the "Realtime Status" column it shows "Not supported" it is happening for both MT 4 DDE feed and IB TWS feed. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Or is it just me? See attached image for further clarification of the issue. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

shane
Attachments
question1.GIF
(13.28 KiB) Downloaded 637 times

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 25 Sep 2006

First of all, let us clear one question - are you trying to chart a symbol or to connect it for Online Realtime Status, which means you'll be always receiving data for it even if the symbol is not charted at all? This is what the Online/Offline difference makes.
It may be possible that you have no access to that symbol with your current subscription.

shanoballs

Postby shanoballs » 25 Sep 2006

First of all, let us clear one question - are you trying to chart a symbol or to connect it for Online Realtime Status, which means you'll be always receiving data for it even if the symbol is not charted at all? This is what the Online/Offline difference makes.
It may be possible that you have no access to that symbol with your current subscription.

I am trying to connect it for Online Realtime Status. i have done it with the current symbol list i have before. and i am certain that the symbols im using i have real time access to (assuming that you mean with my broker and not with your guys) do i need to subscribe to symbols with you guys? this problem started after i upgraded to the latest beta from an older one.

thanks,

shane

anden

Postby anden » 24 Mar 2008

Hello,

I have the same problem about this subject.

QuoteManager can be connected to TWS in Event Log.
But,Realtime status is "Not supported".

I'm not sure whether All data of Multicharts should be removed.
(I removed and reinstalling Multichart software.)

Is this problem solved?
Attachments
IBconnection.jpg
(221.57 KiB) Downloaded 611 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 24 Mar 2008

Hi Anden,

This is not a MultiCharts problem but a trivial case of a user mistake.

This message only appears if you have switched MultiCharts into the Offline mode (in File -> Preferences -> Data Server Mode). Of course if MultiCharts is offline it can't receive any data from the provider.

If you want to receive data from the data source, MultiCharts must be in the ONLINE mode. If you want gaps to be filled as well and history downloaded, the option DOWNLOAD MISSING DATA must also be checked.

When you change any settings in MultiCharts, please keep these changes in mind.

anden

Postby anden » 25 Mar 2008

Hello Marina,

Thank you for your help.
This problem is solved.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Mar 2008

You're welcome anden.

Just let us know if you need assistance again.

Return to “MultiCharts”