Chart is blank.. DOM is OK  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.

Chart is blank.. DOM is OK

Postby Guest » 16 Jun 2013

I am a new user of MC.NET. I installed MC.NET 8.5 starter edition over the weekend (market was closed). Read through the FAQ and documentation, and managed to add symbol to QuoteManager and load chart OK using Rithmic live feed.

However, Today at 9AM local time (UTC+8), I opened MC.NET but found that my chart is blank and status keeps saying "Establishing connection..." I looked at Quotemanager Event Log, and it seems that QM is stucked at Data Request (Backfill?). I am not sure whether it was because my computer clock is ahead of Rithmic's server's time. I opened up DOM window and it's showing all depth and prices just fine. QM seems to collect RealTime data.

Please have a look at the attached screenshot to see what I mean.

I tried changing the symbol session, changing chart time to local/exchange, deleting data/restarting MC.NET/QM, but all didn't help.

Please help. Thanks..
Attachments
MC.NET.jpg
Desktop screenshot
(311.76 KiB) Downloaded 1605 times

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Chart is blank.. DOM is OK  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Jun 2013

Hello Guest,

There was an issue on Rithmic side that should have been already resolved. Please restart MultiCharts and all of its processes.

Re: Chart is blank.. DOM is OK

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2013

Everything is working fine now.. Thanks for your help, Henry.

Postby Guest » 18 Jun 2013

Hello Henry,

Is there a problem with Rithmic again today? I couldn't download any historical data earlier than 17 June 9.10PM CT for ESU3. I am using vision as my broker. Thanks.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jun 2013

What is your chart resolution?

It's 500tick chart and set to display the last 5 days. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.

When I opened the chart again today, only data that was collected real time is displayed. Data Server Modes is set to "Online" and "Download missing historical data" is ticked.
Attachments
MC.NET.jpg
(476.62 KiB) Downloaded 1523 times

I have checked that minutes chart is displaying historical data correctly. So the problem is only with tick/volume charts.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 19 Jun 2013

Rithmic provides tick data for the last trading session only. That means if the current session is open-you can get tick data from Rithmic servers only from the current session beginning. If you request the data beetween sessions in non market hours-you can get the tick data for the previous session (last closed session).
Minute bars are available 5 months back, daily bars constructed out of minute bars.

Postby Guest » 19 Jun 2013

Ah I see.. That explains it.. Thanks Henry..
I think I have a workaround for this, for those people interested.. I will download from another app, export it, and import from MC.NET.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”