Multicharts and newsfeeds

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fundjunkie

Multicharts and newsfeeds

Postby fundjunkie » 12 Oct 2006

All,
I'm considering taking a trial of the DTN IQfeed. If I take the feed without the frontend software there's a discount. And the software's ugly anyway so I don't want to use it.

However, there is news wrapped in the the IQfeed. Can MC handle and display news as part of a datafeed. If not, is it on the roadmap?

Thx
D

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 13 Oct 2006

We're aware of the IQFeed news and there is a consideration to make use of it as well as of data - but it's a feature for the distant future.

DTN IQFeed

Postby DTN IQFeed » 05 Jan 2007

Sorry for posting this so late (I am kind of playing catch-up). You are correct that IQFeed (which doesn't contain a GUI application) is available at a discounted rate. However, if you are happy with IQFeed and plan to stay with it, you may be well off to sign up for an annual subscription to our DTN.IQ (which does include the GUI application, includes the domestic futures fee of $20 and increases the symbol limit to 1300), which is available with a $30 per month discount. At this rate, it is actually CHEAPER than a monthly IQFeed subscription with much less functionality and service. The beauty of this is you can use MultiCharts for the charting (DTN.IQ has very basic charting only), but still use DTN.IQ's news component (which is very good), or other DTN.IQ components that may not be implemented within MC. It really gives you the best of all worlds at a great price.

Just a suggestion...

Postby Guest » 07 Jan 2007

Hey Jay,

Please explain how Ensign software is able to offer DTN Historical Back-fill data absolutely FREE to its' subscribers?

There was no increase in price before or after this service was implemented.

Thanks.
Sorry for posting this so late (I am kind of playing catch-up). You are correct that IQFeed (which doesn't contain a GUI application) is available at a discounted rate. However, if you are happy with IQFeed and plan to stay with it, you may be well off to sign up for an annual subscription to our DTN.IQ (which does include the GUI application, includes the domestic futures fee of $20 and increases the symbol limit to 1300), which is available with a $30 per month discount. At this rate, it is actually CHEAPER than a monthly IQFeed subscription with much less functionality and service. The beauty of this is you can use MultiCharts for the charting (DTN.IQ has very basic charting only), but still use DTN.IQ's news component (which is very good), or other DTN.IQ components that may not be implemented within MC. It really gives you the best of all worlds at a great price.

Just a suggestion...

DTN IQFeed

Postby DTN IQFeed » 07 Jan 2007

Ensign purchases a wholesale historical datafeed from DTN and absorbs the cost into their services.

Postby Guest » 08 Jan 2007

Thanks for the update,Jay-maybe the MC folks will consider that or other alternatives to the historical data problem traders are having,especially with IB.

Ensign purchases a wholesale historical datafeed from DTN and absorbs the cost into their services.

Return to “MultiCharts”