IQFeed History

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
fundjunkie

IQFeed History

Postby fundjunkie » 23 Oct 2006

All,
I'm not seeing Qm download any history from dtn.IQ. I subscribbed to their feed Oct 12th but have nothing prior to that. Does IQ not provide any history? i thiough they did.

Thx
D

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 23 Oct 2006

Please check your symbol at the DTN IQ's website, and tell us what symbol/exchange/settings you're using, we'll try reproducing the situation here.

fundjunkie

Postby fundjunkie » 23 Oct 2006

Please check your symbol at the DTN IQ's website, and tell us what symbol/exchange/settings you're using, we'll try reproducing the situation here.
The symbol I'm referring to is @ESZ6 (Globex).

Thx
D

Chris

Postby Chris » 24 Oct 2006

Taken from the IQ Feed website:

8 calendar days of tick (every trade) and 120 calendar days interval (1 minute or larger intervals) history retrieval for charting and time & sales data

http://www.iqfeed.net/index.cfm?display ... n=services

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 Oct 2006

Yes, please check the data ranges you're trying to request as Chris says.
I just requested a reasonable amount of minutes back and got the chart all right.

fundjunkie

Postby fundjunkie » 24 Oct 2006

Yes, please check the data ranges you're trying to request as Chris says.
I just requested a reasonable amount of minutes back and got the chart all right.
Yes, I tested pulling up a chart and specifying 3 months of minute data. Data went back as far as Oct 12th.
However, why should I have to chart a symbol to get it's history? Shouldn't QM be downloadinging everything that's available?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 24 Oct 2006

Had no problem downloading 125 days of minutes for that symbol; as regards the general question:
However, why should I have to chart a symbol to get it's history? Shouldn't QM be downloading everything that's available?
- that is because we do not yet have a scheduler/downloader component.
We consider adding it but so far the only way to gather history is chart it; setting the symbol to Online will gather data beginning from the date it's connected.

Return to “MultiCharts”