Combining Multiple Signals

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
tony

Combining Multiple Signals

Postby tony » 19 Jun 2013

I'm sure this is discussed somewhere in the forum, but not sure where so please pardon the new topic. If a strategy uses multiple signals, how do you reference these signals since they each appear as their own script.

For example say I have signal 1 and signal 2 and the strategy is conditional on both signal 1 and signal 2 being true. A script for signal 1 and signal 2 was created when I inserted the signal in the project.

Do I write one big script to include these multiple signals or do I reference each individual script?

TJ

Re: Combining Multiple Signals

Postby TJ » 19 Jun 2013

I'm sure this is discussed somewhere in the forum, but not sure where so please pardon the new topic. If a strategy uses multiple signals, how do you reference these signals since they each appear as their own script.

For example say I have signal 1 and signal 2 and the strategy is conditional on both signal 1 and signal 2 being true. A script for signal 1 and signal 2 was created when I inserted the signal in the project.

Do I write one big script to include these multiple signals or do I reference each individual script?
My suggestion: Write one big script.

Use the KISS principle when dealing with money or complex matters.

tony

Thank you. One more question if I may. If you are trading say a 15 min. bar and using a 5 min. bar as part of the conditional statement to trigger a position, is the 5 min. referenced in the same script even if the 5 min. has a study also applied to it?

TJ

Postby TJ » 19 Jun 2013

Thank you. One more question if I may. If you are trading say a 15 min. bar and using a 5 min. bar as part of the conditional statement to trigger a position, is the 5 min. referenced in the same script even if the 5 min. has a study also applied to it?
Please see post #4
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6929

tony

Thank you kindly for the help!

Return to “MultiCharts”