Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
champski

Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Postby champski » 20 Jun 2013

Hi,

I've just had a look at my server and noticed a failed order and the error message in the logs says "Status: Rejected, Reason:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Instead of the connection displayed as green in the Trade bar, it was yellow.
Also, in "broker profiles" the 'state' was set to 'Connecting' rather than 'connected'.

I've since disconnected the broker profile, cancelled my orders, reconnected and now everything appears ready for a trade i.e. the connection is green and the broker profile state is set to connected.

Can anyone please help? I really dont want to miss anymore trades....
The server hasn't been rebooted in 9 days (since 11th June), I'm running MC 64bit 8.5 (Build 6851), and my broker connection is to LMAX.

Cheers
Champski

champski

Re: Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an ob

Postby champski » 20 Jun 2013

I forgot to add that I simulataneously had a demo account setup on a separate broker profile and had no issues. It was the live account that had the issue.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an ob

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 21 Jun 2013

Hello champski,

Sometimes connection to LMAX can be lost. You can always check the connection by using LMAX web application. If it has no connection then most likely it will be impossible to establish the connection with the same parameters from MultiCharts.

In order to study the case we need the logs for the period when the disconnect appeared (if you have not restarted the platform. Logs from the previous run are erased when you start MC). How to collect the logs.

If there is a problem with a particular order:
1) In MultiCharts go to File->New->Open Order and position tracker window-> Orders tab->make sure you are not filtering the information in columns, then go to File->Export to excel.
Please also export the information from the Logs tab and send it to me for analysis.
2) Please attach a detailed problem description and highlight the problem on the screenshots.

Return to “MultiCharts”