OpenEcry.com support and market replay....

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
ybfjax

OpenEcry.com support and market replay....

Postby ybfjax » 24 Nov 2006

There were two additional feature questions that I had?

Could you all support the OpenEcry tick datafeed? That would be wonderful
OpenEcry support did say that they would try to contact you all on Monday or so. I told the guy I would post on the forum as well. www.OpenEcry.com . They have an API to work with.

Another question would be can we do a market replay? Like a fast foward, rewind, pause, etc. to actually simulate past market conditions?

I would have posted them under feature request, but last 3 times I did this the posts were deleted/moved here.

A third question is I understand that you were working on compatility with TransAct datafeed. Is there anyway that I can get this new version to test or play with?

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Nov 2006

We had no requests for OpenEcry before, if they contact us, we'll be glad to communicate with a potential partner.

The TransAct will be added in the next beta to be released.

As to data playback, a complete properly working version will be available in the first quarter of the next year.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 23 Feb 2007

We had no requests for OpenEcry before, if they contact us, we'll be glad to communicate with a potential partner.

The TransAct will be added in the next beta to be released.

As to data playback, a complete properly working version will be available in the first quarter of the next year.
I was just following up to see if you all were still considering openEcry ( OECTrader ) for a datafeed platform. They said they welcome programmers as they have an API available.

www.openEcry.com

Their charting platform is so-so. I would love to use their dom with your charting platform.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 23 Feb 2007

Hi,
I downloaded OpenCry's demo package and was impressed on how fast data downloaded. It also seemed to be a lot closer to datafeeds such as esig or TS. I think it would be a good feed for MC if you could implement it somehow. IB tends to have holes in data. I did not however see any tick data from OpenCry. I hope they supply it as well.

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 23 Feb 2007

Hi,
I downloaded OpenCry's demo package and was impressed on how fast data downloaded. It also seemed to be a lot closer to datafeeds such as esig or TS. I think it would be a good feed for MC if you could implement it somehow. IB tends to have holes in data. I did not however see any tick data from OpenCry. I hope they supply it as well.
OpenEcry has had its share of bugs in their platform. But their data and SELECTION of markets is very good for the price (free for acct holders). $25/mo for the demo acct. But even then, $25/mo for all that market data? Still not bad. The bugs in their platform just need to be worked out. But the staff overall is friendly.

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 24 Feb 2007

Do you know if they offer tick data Josh ?
For 25/month it would indeed be a good feed source if MC can support it. IB is a good free feed, but their candle building on tick charts looks nothing like esig charts. I would like to see how OpenECry does

ybfjax

Postby ybfjax » 24 Feb 2007

Do you know if they offer tick data Josh ?
For 25/month it would indeed be a good feed source if MC can support it. IB is a good free feed, but their candle building on tick charts looks nothing like esig charts. I would like to see how OpenECry does
Yes. They actually have a trade-on-the-chart feature. So you would be able to trade directly off their real-time data.

This would be great if MultiCharts could incorporate a trade-on-the-chart feature. TradeNavigator (genesisft) has it, and a couple of other platforms have it. I would prefer the data integration first, and then trading directly from the chart could come later.

The reason why I stopped using that chart trading feature was because there are some bugs with some of their indicator calculations (their Exponential MA calculates as a Simple MA or some mixture not EMA)

Oh, and they have a 50-symbol limit. It used to be 100, but then their server crashed, so the reduced it to 25. Then they went back to 50. It has stayed at 50 for the past 3 weeks or so.

And they have a 5 DOM limit, which counts agains the 50 symbol limit. So I don't see the big deal in just allowing 50 symbols altogether, whether DOM, quoteboard, or charts.

OpenEcry offers a LOT of (electronic) markets, good commissions, and their trader tools are well organized. Take a look:

www.openecry.com/traderstoolbox/contract.cfm

Their day-trade margins are always 1/2 or better of the exchange margins.

They just need to work out their bugs for their indicators and a couple of other bugs i've noticed. Then I'll return to to their charting platform for trading. But for those people who desire more sophisticated indicators, you would have to use a 3rd party platform anyway.

Their DOM isn't half bad, though.

Return to “MultiCharts”