IB setup in QuoteManager doesn't follow MC IB tutorial

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
BeenThere_2000i

IB setup in QuoteManager doesn't follow MC IB tutorial

Postby BeenThere_2000i » 26 Nov 2006

I have followed the online tutorial for IB setup for MC. I did not get the poopup screen asking if I'm using the web based or Java based TWS computer program. Futher, when adding a symbol, the tutorial showed clicking the black arrow next to the 'add symbol' button that had a dropdown menu of the data sources of which IB should have been listed.

I then add a symbol manually and I do not get the screen from IB stating the selection of the data - Irca, Smart, etc.

I can connect to IB, QuoteManager tries to collect data but since I have no screens for IB setup as outlined in the tutorial it is of course looking for a security definition: Can't find EId with tickerId:1 -- No security definition has been found for the request.

Maybe because I'm doing this on a Sunday afternoon I can't get historical data. But this does not get me to the setup outlined in the tutorial. Dead in the water and no data.

The program shows great promise and the price is a bargain. I hope that you follow pursuing functionality with IB in mind.

Alex Kramer

Postby Alex Kramer » 27 Nov 2006

First of all, make sure you have installed the standalone IB TWS. Then, in the IB main menu, in Configure ->API enable ActiveX and Socket clients.
Then IB should be added to the data sources list and lookup in MultiCharts should be activated.

Return to “MultiCharts”