Cost Effective Dual Wan Router + VNC

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Spaceant

Cost Effective Dual Wan Router + VNC

Postby Spaceant » 01 Jul 2013

Hi,

I want to buy a wireless Dual Wan Router that in which I can run VNC. Well, I will have my main computer connected to the router by wire, while it can share the bancwidth for another computer and devices.

Any recommendations?

Sa

sptrader

Re: Cost Effective Dual Wan Router + VNC

Postby sptrader » 02 Jul 2013

Just noticed that you wanted "wireless" , I wouldn't trade with a wireless but if you could run ethernet cable- the one below is great..(or plug in a cheap wireless router into an open port)..

Have you looked at the Linksys (Cisco) RV042 ? I think it can do what you want... search ebay for a nice used one..

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 02 Jul 2013

Just noticed that you wanted "wireless" , I wouldn't trade with a wireless but if you could run ethernet cable- the one below is great..(or plug in a cheap wireless router into an open port)..

Have you looked at the Linksys (Cisco) RV042 ? I think it can do what you want... search ebay for a nice used one..
I agree with your that I won't go with wireless to trade, that is why I connect the main computer, that is used to tade, to the router by ethernet cable. I see your suggestion, but my initial thought is to buy a Dual Wan Router with wireless function, if there is any with an affordable price, that enables me to connect other computers or tab after trading hours.

Have you used Cisco RV042?

Can I turn it on say a few months without turning it off, in terms of heat and reliability?

I have found that someone suggests Draytek 2930 / 2910. Do you have any comment?

Someone has suggested to look at Tp-Link routers which appear be cheap.....

evdl

Postby evdl » 02 Jul 2013

I use a Draytek 2920 for almost two years now.

Cable connection with ADSL failover. Works perfect and no resets necessary.

There are three versions of the 2920. I use the non wifi version, non telephone version.

When I bought it, it was the fastest dual wan router for a decent price. (capable of 130mb throughput, which is important if you want to take advantage of higher bandwith speeds)

http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option ... 40&lang=en

No relations with or stock of Draytek, by the way. Just a satisfied customer.

Spaceant

Postby Spaceant » 06 Jul 2013

BTY, how to set the SMPT server name (under the email alert) while we are using dual wan, i.e. two possible internet provider?

Is there any free SMPT server that we can use even the computer is using different internet provider?

Sa

Return to “MultiCharts”