Quote Manager - Can't edit data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
neurotrader

Quote Manager - Can't edit data

Postby neurotrader » 23 Jan 2007

Yesterday there was a spike on QQQQ in IB data feed 4359.00 as the high. I have tried many different things with Quote manager. I have gone into ticks, minutes, day. and edited, then closed Quote manager and MC and reopened. The high quote was back again. I tried deleting, but same thing. How can I get rid of this 4359.00 high on QQQQ data from yesterday.

Can't use charts.

I plot daily QQQQ with 15 min also on same chart

TIA

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 24 Jan 2007

I gather there is no fix for this?

I was finally able to delete that spiked data. I think with IB data one has to wait a couple days before the deleting/changing a data (spike) will take affect.

I am assuming due to the fact IB keeps loading up the most recent data even though you make a change to the Quote Manager.

There should be a way that if during the trading day you get a spike, you should be able to filter it or atleast delete the spike.

Spikes make the chart analysis unusable. Then you must wait a day or two to be able to edit the spike data so it is no reloaded back again.

:cry:

Kate

Postby Kate » 25 Jan 2007

Next time we recommend you to correct bad ticks using Edit Data and not to delete them because if you delete bad ticks, you will impair the integrity of the stored data and on start MultiCharts will begin to request for the missing data.
Then you should also clear cache, close MultiCharts and restart it in a few seconds (please be sure that all the processes terminated correctly).

Soon we will implement a filter to filter out incorrect data.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 25 Jan 2007

Thanks Kate,

Having a filter or a spike data removal would be ideal.

:P

Return to “MultiCharts”