Label Distancing

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
t123knight

Label Distancing

Postby t123knight » 13 Feb 2007

I'm currently trying to stack 3 or more lines of text over the same date and time. Currently I'm distancing each line of text by doing the following

ATextID=Text_New(D,T,P)
BTextID=Text_new(D,T,P+2ticks)
CTextID=Text_new(D,T,P+5Ticks)

When I input Price+or-#ofTicks, it separates each label by the designated # of ticks, This works ok, however, when the chart is compressed, the labels start to overlap. Is there an easier way of separating the labels?

Thanks,

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Feb 2007

It is working how it should at the moment due to its logic. You can draw the text which position will depend on either price, or the screen (but we haven't added this functionality yet). Do you want the text to be independent from a particular price and placed in a particular part of the screen or you mean something else?

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2007

For the first question I was wanting to place it at a particular time, date and price. So, what I have will have to due for now. However, I would like to know how to place text at aspecific spot on the chart. What is the reserve work for that?

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2007

For the first question I was wanting to place it at a particular time, date and price. So, what I have will have to due for now. However, I would like to know how to place text at aspecific spot on the chart. What is the reserve work for that?
Your problem is your trying to position the labels with a fixed tick amount and the price range on the screen is changing due to the autoscalling feature. You could change to a fixed scale and then repostion the screen manually as price moves with the arrow keys. Or you could use a calcalculation to take into account the current screen range to position the labels so they were automatically positioned as the range was adjusted by the autoscalling.

J~

Nick

Postby Nick » 15 Feb 2007

. Do you want the text to be independent from a particular price and placed in a particular part of the screen

I'd like to do this, can it be done?

Cheers,
Nick.

Stanley Miller

Postby Stanley Miller » 15 Feb 2007

We haven't added this functionality yet but are going to do it in the future.

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2007

how could I go about making a calclultion to adjust as the scaling changes?

Also, I'm lableing on a volume bar chart. The way it currently works now is that it will round down the time. So if a HH ocurs at 3:31:57 seconds, it will put the lable at 3:31 => the label will be off set. With volume bars you can sometime get over 10 bars within a minute. Is there anyways to have the labels placed at the exact time?

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Feb 2007

Dear Guest,

When I tried to reproduce this problem at my volume bar chart time labels were not rounded down (seconds were included). Could you post a screenshot showing time labels rounded to minutes?

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007

how could I go about making a calclultion to adjust as the scaling changes?

Also, I'm lableing on a volume bar chart. The way it currently works now is that it will round down the time. So if a HH ocurs at 3:31:57 seconds, it will put the lable at 3:31 => the label will be off set. With volume bars you can sometime get over 10 bars within a minute. Is there anyways to have the labels placed at the exact time?
Their are a separate group of commands ending with "_S" that allow you to place lines, symbols , text to the nearest second. Use those instead of the commands you are using.

J~

Return to “MultiCharts”