How to collect data ?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxmax68

How to collect data ?

Postby maxmax68 » 08 Jul 2013

My broker and data feed is Webank.
I see that in the faster timeframes ( es. 1min) it gives only a few days of history.
I would like to collect day by day ticks, seconds and minutes data for at least one month.
For not to waste time, please could you teach me the right way to do that, if it's possible?
Thanks
Massimo

TJ

Re: How to collect data ?

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2013

My broker and data feed is Webank.
I see that in the faster timeframes ( es. 1min) it gives only a few days of history.
I would like to collect day by day ticks, seconds and minutes data for at least one month.
For not to waste time, please could you teach me the right way to do that, if it's possible?
Thanks
Massimo
You have to keep the computer on and MultiCharts running if you want to collect data continuously.

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 09 Jul 2013

Hi TJ,
because right now I can not leave the computer on continuously, I'm looking for a workaround.
As an example, when I open a 1min chart I receive from Webank an history of three days.
I was wondering if it was possible to save these three days of data, connect every three days for some time to Webank, and finally merge into a single chart all the downloaded data.
Regards
Massimo

TJ

Postby TJ » 09 Jul 2013

Hi TJ,
because right now I can not leave the computer on continuously, I'm looking for a workaround.
As an example, when I open a 1min chart I receive from Webank an history of three days.
I was wondering if it was possible to save these three days of data, connect every three days for some time to Webank, and finally merge into a single chart all the downloaded data.
Regards
Massimo
Every time a chart is opened, MultiCharts would retrieve the quotes from your dataprovider (or broker) and automatically save them to the database in your computer. There is no additional actions required on your part.

Once the quotes are saved, you can use them anytime, including offline, or MultiCharts can use them to build historical charts when no live quotes are available.

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 10 Jul 2013

Thanks TJ,
since I use Multicharts on different computers and I store on different computer databases my data, I'm looking for a way to glue the different pieces of the databases to build one continuous without lack of data.
Kind regards.
Massimo

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Jul 2013

Thanks TJ,
since I use Multicharts on different computers and I store on different computer databases my data, I'm looking for a way to glue the different pieces of the databases to build one continuous without lack of data.
Kind regards.
Massimo
The easiest way is to subscribe to a dataprovider who has the historical data you required/

maxmax68

Postby maxmax68 » 10 Jul 2013

Yes TJ,
absolutely the easiest way is to subscribe to a dataprovider who has the historical data I require !!!
But I'm sure that there is an alternative way.
I'm trying to export the data as ASCII. Perhaps this will allow me to attach the different pieces of databases
Regards
Massimo

TJ

Postby TJ » 10 Jul 2013

Yes TJ,
absolutely the easiest way is to subscribe to a dataprovider who has the historical data I require !!!
But I'm sure that there is an alternative way.
I'm trying to export the data as ASCII. Perhaps this will allow me to attach the different pieces of databases
Regards
Massimo
Here is the video on ASCII data import
https://www.multicharts.com/multicharts/help/videos/

Return to “MultiCharts”