Update Dialog box

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Update Dialog box

Postby Guest » 19 Feb 2007

I am using version 2.0.763.930 Beta

On Startup, Multicharts will prompt me to update to a latest available version.

Is there a way for me Multicharts to NOT prompt me to update ?

I would like to only update when i feel comfortable.

I auto start multicharts daily, but now i have to remove this irritating dialog box every day.

Thanks

Kate

Postby Kate » 19 Feb 2007

It is impossible to remove this dialog informing our customers that they should upgrade their versions. And it will appear all the time till you upgrade to a new version, otherwise, it may happen so that you would use quite an old version and send logs and reports of already fixed bugs.

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2007

It is impossible to remove this dialog informing our customers that they should upgrade their versions. And it will appear all the time till you upgrade to a new version, otherwise, it may happen so that you would use quite an old version and send logs and reports of already fixed bugs.
Firstly customers should have a choice when to upgrade..... At our own comfortable time schedule.

Secondly, are you that confident that your latest versions are bug free ?... Given multichart's release histories, i doubt you can make any assurances.

Imagine, IB bugging customers to always upgrade to the latest versions.... Most of the IB customers i know, wait till the version is stable before upgrading.

Reminding customers to upgrade to the latest version is good, but we do not have to be reminded AT EVERY STARTUP.

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Feb 2007

Firstly customers should have a choice when to upgrade..... At our own comfortable time schedule.
We do give you choice. You can use the older version, but the message will remind that you should upgrade.

Secondly, are you that confident that your latest versions are bug free ?... Given multichart's release histories, i doubt you can make any assurances.
We invested lots of efforts to stabilize the product. We can definitely say that it is more reliable then any previous versions.

Imagine, IB bugging customers to always upgrade to the latest versions.... Most of the IB customers i know, wait till the version is stable before upgrading.
MultiCharts 2.0 is carefully tested release version. So it is not correct to compare it to beta versions that IB releases.
We must remind you to upgrade because people report known and fixed problems and we spent our resources for nothing. It is not efficient.

Return to “MultiCharts”