MC missed New High

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
TJ

MC missed New High

Postby TJ » 20 Feb 2007

MC missed the new high on the chart.
At approx 15:46ET, ESH7 made a new high of the day at 1464.00.

My Bracket trader sounded an alarm.
TWS shows a new high of 1464.
Time and sales shown approx 10 trades went through.
(I eyeballed the list, but did not count the exact number.)
NT showed a spike on the chart.
IB chart showed a spike on the chart.

But MC did not picked it up.

Please see attached.

Did anybody observed the same?
Attachments
no-new-high.jpg
(477.36 KiB) Downloaded 781 times

Kate

Postby Kate » 26 Feb 2007

TJ,

If you collect data in real-time, you may notice a new high shown in the status line but it doesn't mean that you will receive it in the steaming data since there can be no such Trade Price at all. MultiCharts displays all the data received in the tick resolution from IB.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot showing IB API Sample (in such case it doesn't matter what symbol is requested): a new high was received in the status line, but there was no tick containing such price (in the upper ellipse) and hence MultiCharts didn't display this new high since LastPrice wasn't provided by IB.

If you want we can provide you with IB API sample and you can use it side by side with MultiCharts to compare data. If you notice a tick that is not displayed in MultiCharts, we will try to further investigate this problem.
Attachments
IB API Sample.PNG
(540.66 KiB) Downloaded 770 times

Postby Guest » 26 Feb 2007

TJ,

If you collect data in real-time, you may notice a new high shown in the status line but it doesn't mean that you will receive it in the steaming data since there can be no such Trade Price at all. MultiCharts displays all the data received in the tick resolution from IB.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot showing IB API Sample (in such case it doesn't matter what symbol is requested): a new high was received in the status line, but there was no tick containing such price (in the upper ellipse) and hence MultiCharts didn't display this new high since LastPrice wasn't provided by IB.

If you want we can provide you with IB API sample and you can use it side by side with MultiCharts to compare data. If you notice a tick that is not displayed in MultiCharts, we will try to further investigate this problem.
Kate
Are you saying the status line displays bids and offers and actual trade prices ?

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Feb 2007

TJ,

If you collect data in real-time, you may notice a new high shown in the status line but it doesn't mean that you will receive it in the steaming data since there can be no such Trade Price at all. MultiCharts displays all the data received in the tick resolution from IB. ..
Kate: Please read my post carefully again. Especially the part about about time and sales.

TJ

Kate

TJ,

Kate
Are you saying the status line displays bids and offers and actual trade prices ?
No, I'm saying that IB is not consistent.

Kate

TJ,
I do believe you that there were 10 trades with the High price. At the same time I know that our program listen to a single IB function that returns real-time data. It get thousands of quotes everyday, but misses highs. Does it sound logical for you? I know that the problem is not on the MultiCharts side. At the same time I can see that there is a problem.
This is why I suggest you to run TWS API sample and if you can see the discrepancy please let us know.

TJ

Postby TJ » 26 Feb 2007

TJ,

If you collect data in real-time, you may notice a new high shown in the status line but it doesn't mean that you will receive it in the steaming data since there can be no such Trade Price at all. MultiCharts displays all the data received in the tick resolution from IB. ..
Kate: Please read my post carefully again. Especially the part about about time and sales.

TJ
furthermore, at the end of the day, I pressed ctrl-R to refresh the chart. The new high showed up on the redrawn chart.

Kate

Postby Kate » 27 Feb 2007

It demonstrates the inconsistency. Again please run TWS API sample to prove the issue.

Return to “MultiCharts”