multiple IB accounts and strategies

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gpw797

multiple IB accounts and strategies

Postby gpw797 » 11 Jul 2013

I have reviewed the posts about setting up multiple TWS on different ports to trade multiple IB accounts... but it doesn't work on my machine. Changing accounts in TWS has no effect on which account a strategy order goes to in MC. Strategy based orders are always sent to "a default" account in IB. Opening multiple TWS seems like a hack to me when you can access multiple accounts from a single TWS (it works for chart trading in MC). I need to be able to direct strategies to a given account in IB. I can change the account selector in the chart trader dialog box and that works fine and changes accounts. When the order goes to IB the account data is attached to the order, so there needs to be a way to specify account # in strategy or the chart (like the chart trader option). Adding an IB account has made it so I can't autotrade from my main account, please help.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: multiple IB accounts and strategies

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 18 Jul 2013

Hello gpw797,

If you have multiple accounts under the same login - you need to specify the account you want to use for auto trading on each chart. Please go to Format->Strategy properties->Auto trading tab->Select broker plugin->select the profile you need->go to Settings.
For regular account - type in the account you want to root the orders to in the "Default account" field.
For Financial advisor account go to Financial advisor tab and select Single account allocation - type in the account you want to root the orders to.

Return to “MultiCharts”