MC and Opentick  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
shuharsh

MC and Opentick  [SOLVED]

Postby shuharsh » 07 Mar 2007

MC users ;

Can some one help? i am using MC 2.0 and opentic data feed. I need daily stock charts only.
Problem is when I create new chart it downloads data until prevouday close for daily chart. since i check charts every week , i shutdown MC and opentick. Next week when i open MC with preference/ONline and backfill data box checked but MC will not fill in daily data for missing last week daily chart. AM I doing some thing wrong. If any one knows why MC does not fill daily data please let me know SHUHARSH

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 07 Mar 2007

shuharsh

I played around with opentick data and the only way I got MC to upload the next day (prev day data) was to do a reload (ctrl+r).

On another matter, opentick continuous future contract data. Below is a quote from their forum:

"Aug 18, 2006

We have a "beta" version of our Continuous Contract implementation available on our servers. You can use it in requests for the E-Mini's traded on the EM exchange code. To make such a request for ES, just omit the month and year code from the symbol, and preface it with a #.

Examples would be something like:

exchange: EM
symbol: #ES

or

exchange: EM
symbol: #NQ

We'll be rolling out this functionality for all our futures over the next few weeks. It will take some time due to the inconsistency of roll-over dates from contract to contract. As of now you should have no problem with the E-Mini's though. "

Problem is I can't get MC to load that contract. IB does not have a continuous contract.

Imagine if the above worked on MC you could set opentick as History and set IB for Realtime.

:idea:

nuerotrader

your response

Postby nuerotrader » 07 Mar 2007

Nuorotrader;
Thanks for reply. It is not only with opentick but also with IB when u want to load daily data . I am using MC for one year and naver able to update daily without ctrl+r . on the other hand quotracker charts can be up dated by one click. they dont have opentick server as their data provider.Plus i can not use some other indicator. i wish MC does some thing about it
Thanks again shuharsh

SP

Postby SP » 08 Mar 2007

[quote]

Problem is I can't get MC to load that contract. IB does not have a continuous contract.

Imagine if the above worked on MC you could set opentick as History and set IB for Realtime.

[/quote]

I added #EM manually in the Quotemanager and i get the data.

The problem on the daily chart is that on the expiration month the data goes only to the 16th of that month and begins on the first trading day of the next month.
Attachments
#ES-Opentick.png
(29.06 KiB) Downloaded 691 times

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 09 Mar 2007

SP thanks for the reply.

You also helped me find out how to get that data. Had to add EM exchange to quote manager.

I get the data now and see what you mean.

Return to “MultiCharts”