Daylight Savings issue

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Andrew Kirillov

Daylight Savings issue

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 12 Mar 2007

Dear users,

We want to apologize and inform you that we have a problem with DayLight Savings and tomorrow we will post the link to download a Patch to fix this problem.

momentum

Postby momentum » 13 Mar 2007

What exactly is the problem?

Kate

Postby Kate » 13 Mar 2007

Dear customers,

Due to the shift to summer time (DayLight Savings), MultiCharts may display incorrect timestamps since the program is not aware of this time shift. If you notice incorrect timestamps on your chart please download, unzip the attached hotfix file and run. It will make the necessary changes to solve the problem.
Attachments
TimeZoneUpdater.zip
(27.18 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
Last edited by Kate on 26 Mar 2007, edited 1 time in total.

tosk

Postby tosk » 14 Mar 2007

This patch didn't work for me - in fact, it made a mess. While it appeared to fix the minute based charts, volume charts would not plot the last two days (since daylight savings time when into effect) and point(original) charts were wrong. It some cases, only plotting one bar for the entire day or ending the day early or just not plotting a full day. This with version 7777 using GlobalServer.

Removing the patch was not easy! I tried repairing, that didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling like I would for a version upgrade, that didn't work. I finally removed database and everything. That worked.

Tom

gregorio123456

Re: Daylight Savings issue

Postby gregorio123456 » 14 Mar 2007

Dear users,

We want to apologize and inform you that we have a problem with DayLight Savings and tomorrow we will post the link to download a Patch to fix this problem.
Hi
Why is all Exchange in chicago (CME(globex),etc...) have time zone in (GMT-6.00 ,Guadalajara,cidade de Mexico))
when i go Quote manager-exchange&ECN list and change to central time EUA
apply new setting,, your quotemanager dont apply news setting and back to guadalajara

Maybe CME move to Mexico city? :-)

Thanks

PS I download your patch and run ....the problem of setting continue

Pipscalper

Postby Pipscalper » 14 Mar 2007

GMT-6 is the correct time for Chicago.

neurotrader

Postby neurotrader » 14 Mar 2007

If the patch does not work as one member posted, would it be easier to just adjust the Exchange Setting in QM?

Atleast until the next MC release?

Kate

Postby Kate » 14 Mar 2007

This patch didn't work for me - in fact, it made a mess. While it appeared to fix the minute based charts, volume charts would not plot the last two days (since daylight savings time when into effect) and point(original) charts were wrong. It some cases, only plotting one bar for the entire day or ending the day early or just not plotting a full day. This with version 7777 using GlobalServer.
Tom,

We checked Global Server and it is working correctly with the patch. Could you contact us via LiveSupport and demonstrate the problem?

As concerns removing the patch, it can be removed together with databases modified by it.

Kate

Re: Daylight Savings issue

Why is all Exchange in chicago (CME(globex),etc...) have time zone in (GMT-6.00 ,Guadalajara,cidade de Mexico))
when i go Quote manager-exchange&ECN list and change to central time EUA
apply new setting,, your quotemanager dont apply news setting and back to guadalajara

Maybe CME move to Mexico city? :-)
Gregorio123456,

Guadalajara and Chicago has the same time identifier, i.e. GMT-6, most likely, "Guadalajara de Mexico" has always been present in QuoteManager settings. When you select Central time, there will be Guadalajara in QuoteManager, even though this setting is applied.

Kate

If the patch does not work as one member posted, would it be easier to just adjust the Exchange Setting in QM?

Atleast until the next MC release?
Neurotrader,

To adjust Exchange settings in Quotemanager please:

1. Run QuoteManager.
2. Click Tools then select Exchanges & ECNs…
3. Select required exchange.
4. Click Edit…
5. Click Time Zone.
6. In the From System Options list select (GMT -06:00 Guadalajara, Mexico City, Monterrey – New).
7. Click Custom.
8. In Switch to Daylight Savings set Second/Sunday/March.
9. In Switch to Non Daylight Savings set First/Sunday/November.

Kate

Postby Kate » 15 Mar 2007

Dear customers,

If you are using IQfeed and have DST problem, please download the attached fix and overwrite the existing dll. that is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\TS Support\TSServer\Datafeeds with this fix.
Attachments
tsIQDataFeed.zip
(274.12 KiB) Downloaded 316 times

Return to “MultiCharts”