Chart-Cursor-Tracking Mode can also cause SLOW interactions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
denizen2

Chart-Cursor-Tracking Mode can also cause SLOW interactions

Postby denizen2 » 26 Mar 2007

I normally use only forex-based charts, but today I just discovered when I add a workspace of stock-symbol charts that the cursor-tracking interactions become VERY 'clunky' or 'delayed' whenever I move the cursor (in one of the Forex-based charts).

The 'global' application of this feature to ALL workspaces is obviously using extra CPU resources :wink: , right?

My guess is that it is probably related to the program figuring out whether the horizontal prices-levels in the VERY different type charts are within the same chart, or not. Maybe this issue is why some users have been reporting some problems about MC being too slow?

This is just one more reason that this feature should be redesigned, as discussed at length in another topic. :P I would suggest that TSSupport make this a very high priority to fix, because such 'clunky' interactions are certainly a 'deal breaker' for any new sales, right?

Not everyone will quickly figure out that they just have to turn-off the tracking-mode, OR only use concurrent workspaces that are 'similar' in price levels, I would imagine. :wink:

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2007

Clunky/delayed is a good description. I have not been able to figure out why in some workspaces it does this and in others It sees to have no effect. But the ones that are effected makes tracking almost intolerable.

J~

Kate

Postby Kate » 09 Apr 2007

Denizen,

We haven't noticed such dependency between this cursor and CPU usage. Could you demonstrate increasing CPU usage when moving the cursor via HelpDesk?

denizen2

Postby denizen2 » 11 Apr 2007

Denizen,

We haven't noticed such dependency between this cursor and CPU usage. Could you demonstrate increasing CPU usage when moving the cursor via HelpDesk?
Kate,

The delayed cursor behavior first described in this topic has not recently been observed (by me) :? . So when it does occur again, and if that happens when the HelpDesk is available, I will contact you again.

The problem seem to be most evident when I had just added a new workspace with stock symbols. I haven't done this again since then, but *maybe* after the system 'gets used to' a new workspace that represents a 'big' change in what is being 'tracked' the issue goes away :roll: .

Perhaps other users have noticed this kind of behavior?

Return to “MultiCharts”