CAN'T USE MULTICHARTS IN IB PAPER TRADING

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

CAN'T USE MULTICHARTS IN IB PAPER TRADING

Postby Guest » 10 May 2007

There is a bug in market order of IB paper trading. Sometimes the executed price of the market order in IB paper trading is far from the real price. However, the Multicharts only use market order to feed the IB in autotrading. I hope Multicharts can add limit order as soon as possible.

Kate

Postby Kate » 10 May 2007

With IB demo account (edemo/demouser) you can receive only delayed quotes. I recommend you to use Simulated account.

Postby Guest » 11 May 2007

I'm using a simulated account. There is a bug in the market order of the simulated account. The help desk of IB said they already know such bug. The ButtonTrader also told users don't use the simulated account of IB.

GD

Postby GD » 15 May 2007

Kate,

Please tell me you know about this IB bug, if it exists. I'm using the simulated account exclusively until I have confidence in my signals and MC's autotrading operation. If IB is a culprit, I hope you all are on it (them).

Thanks!

GD

Kate

Postby Kate » 16 May 2007

I'm using a simulated account. There is a bug in the market order of the simulated account. The help desk of IB said they already know such bug. The ButtonTrader also told users don't use the simulated account of IB.
Could you describe this bug in more detail? Does it show up in the discrepancy of executed prices and real ones? And what account ButtonTrader recommend to use instead of the simulated account?

Postby Guest » 16 May 2007

For example, the current HSI futures is trading at 21000. If you issue a buy order to buy at the market, the executed price may be 21030. The 21030 is not the current real price. This bug does not always happen. I think about 5 to 10 percent of trades has this problem. The ButtonTrader has its own simulator. It suggests the user don't use the simulated account of IB because there are some known bugs.

Return to “MultiCharts”