how do I paint the chart backgound ?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

how do I paint the chart backgound ?  [SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 28 May 2007

how do I paint the chart backgound ?

e.g.

-- if the 20sma is trending upwards, I want to paint the chart background light green,

-- if the 20sma is trending downwards, I want to paint the chart background light pink.

Is it possible?

many thanks in advance for your knowledge.

Kate

Postby Kate » 28 May 2007

It is not possible to color the background in MultiCharts.

miltonc4

Postby miltonc4 » 29 May 2007

Hi Kate
I had the same request last year

""Is it possible to set different colors to the , charts background,for one example,
if price > moving avge,color chart window / background light blue
There are many, many times that coloring parts of the background chart wimdow would be an exellent alternative to color bars, or can be colored with color bars giving great visual effect
If not possible now, could it be considered later
Thanks
Milton

Some other examples
Paint background according to profit
Identify bullish/Bearish trends
Price patterns
Advance / decline shaded areas
etc,etc

Alex Kramer responded....
Thanks for the input!
The background color that reflects some meaningful information is a good idea, we'll definitely consider this in the future.

Look forward to these types of improvements( Kagi,Renko,charts )
Regards
Milton

Re: how do I paint the chart backgound ?

Postby Guest » 29 May 2007

how do I paint the chart backgound ?

e.g.

-- if the 20sma is trending upwards, I want to paint the chart background light green,

-- if the 20sma is trending downwards, I want to paint the chart background light pink.

Is it possible?

many thanks in advance for your knowledge.
You can't change the background color of the whole chart but you can change the background color of some text you put on the screen. The text string could be something meaningful to what your doing and then the color changed to get your attention. I suppose you could even write a timer function that would change the color every x seconds to make it appear to flash.

J~

Postby Guest » 29 May 2007

many chart programs on the market can paint the bar background.

MC is up against those competitions.

I don't think this is so difficult to implement.

If I have to do it, I can program it in a couple of hours. I mean you are not doing it from scratch, you are just adding one more parameter to options already there.

I know MC has a lot of features on the agenda. We will just have to let the market play it out and see how MC position itself against the competitions.

Return to “MultiCharts”