MC.NET 8.7 forgets signal inputs

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
HPF

MC.NET 8.7 forgets signal inputs

Postby HPF » 23 Jul 2013

Hi,

I wonder whether the following might be a bug that crept into 8.7. We have MultiCharts.NET 8.7 build 7410.

I have a signal with inputs. Initially, all inputs are set to their default values. Then I go to

Format Signal -> Inputs

and manually change one of the inputs. The signal is recalculated with the new input value. Then I recompile the signal. I trigger the recompilation by editing the signal source code using an external editor, i.e. basically I 'touch' the source file. The signal is automatically compiled and then recalculated. Recalculation is done, however, with the default inputs **although** the form at

Format Signal -> Inputs

still shows the non-default values I entered manually earlier on. Now the numbers in the form differ from what is used in the calculation! Moreover, when I now change the inputs once more, this no longer affects the signal when it is recalculated.

I'd guess this is a new feature (set all inputs to their defaults on recompilation) plus a bug (no longer possible to change inputs after recalculation).

Can you revert to the *old* behaviour, please? Otherwise, I will have to stop using inputs and rather edit the source code. Our workflow is such that we often slightly modify the logic of the signal and then want it recalculated with the inputs that we have entered in Format Signal -> Inputs before, without having inputs reset to default values.

Thank you for your attention.

HPF

Henry MultiСharts

Re: MC.NET 8.7 forgets signal inputs

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Jul 2013

Hello HPF,

This issue has been confirmed and resolved. A new build with the fix will become available soon.

mfalme

Postby mfalme » 03 Aug 2013

Please provide a fix for the starter edition? its impossible to backtest input parameters..

thanks

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

mfalme, the latest builds of the MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition with the fix are available at the download page

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”