Using data2 on a minute/day chart  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
roesm

Using data2 on a minute/day chart

Postby roesm » 25 Jul 2013

I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm doing something silly, but I have spent hours trying to solve this...

I have a chart set up with 1-minute bars on data1 and a daily bars on data2, both starting at 7/1/2013. Initially, I just want set up a Study (not an Indicator) and try to print the data2 values like this:

print(c data2);

Each time I run it, I get an error message: Not enough series length. Bars reference value : 50

If I set the "Maximum number of bars study will reference" to a higher number, I still get the error, unless I set it to a number higher than there are bars on the chart. In this case, it just says "calculating..." forever.

If I do this in an Indicator, it works fine, provided I have "Max number of bars study will reference" set to Auto-detect, but there is no option for this in a Study.

What am missing?

Thanks, Mike
MultiCharts64 Version 8.7 Release (Build 7472)

TJ

Re: Using data2 on a minute/day chart  [SOLVED]

Postby TJ » 25 Jul 2013

I get the sneaking suspicion that I'm doing something silly, but I have spent hours trying to solve this...
I have a chart set up with 1-minute bars on data1 and a daily bars on data2, both starting at 7/1/2013. Initially, I just want set up a Study (not an Indicator) and try to print the data2 values like this:
print(c data2);
Each time I run it, I get an error message: Not enough series length. Bars reference value : 50
If I set the "Maximum number of bars study will reference" to a higher number, I still get the error, unless I set it to a number higher than there are bars on the chart. In this case, it just says "calculating..." forever.
If I do this in an Indicator, it works fine, provided I have "Max number of bars study will reference" set to Auto-detect, but there is no option for this in a Study.
What am missing?
Thanks, Mike
MultiCharts64 Version 8.7 Release (Build 7472)
Have you tried more data? eg. 60 days' worth of bars?

roesm

Re: Using data2 on a minute/day chart

Postby roesm » 26 Jul 2013

Ah... my suspicions confirmed. It didn't even occur to me that the "bars referenced" number would apply to data2 as well as data1. Thank you for the prompt reply.

TJ

Re: Using data2 on a minute/day chart

Postby TJ » 26 Jul 2013

Ah... my suspicions confirmed. It didn't even occur to me that the "bars referenced" number would apply to data2 as well as data1. Thank you for the prompt reply.
I am glad it was an easy fix.

Return to “MultiCharts”