Possible New customer. Critical info needed to decide.

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
bowlesj3

Possible New customer. Critical info needed to decide.

Postby bowlesj3 » 21 Jul 2007

Hi, I am a day trader using Qcharts with some experience using the end of day TS back in 1988. I am considering a switch to MultiCharts for my day trading. To decide to make that switch I need to know it can do what I describe in the paragraph below. A TS user told me I could do something like this on TS with a multi-data chart. I am wondering if MultiCharts can set up a multidata chart and I could write easy language code using the FILEAPPEND command to pump these values out every few seconds or even a snapshot on demand with some sort of button on a tool bar I design.

I am a bit of an MS-ACCESS guru and am currently writing an MS-Access program to provide bollinger band info to me in an organized format to assist me with my trades. I need the bollinger band input data data for 1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60 and daily bar charts. I only need it for the current snapshot (no history). Therefore a snapshot would provide last trade price and the value of all 3 bands (upper, middle and lower) for each of those chart sizes. This is 7 X 3 = 21 items of bollinger band info per snapshot plus the current price. Ideally this data should be provided by MultiCharts in a .csv file or tab separated file so I can have my MS-Access program grab that file and process it? Ideal format would be (price, L01, M01, U01, L05, M05, U05, L10, M10, U10, L15, M15, U15, L30, M30, U30, L60, M60, U60, Ldaily, Mdaily, Udaily). As stated above I need the data every minute or so at a minimum or in a constant update format every few seconds. If I could click a single button on the charting program and click a button on my MS-Access Program to complete the task this would be sufficient.

Thanks, John.

Andrew Kirillov

Postby Andrew Kirillov » 23 Jul 2007

John,
Yes MultiCharts is right for you. It can do everything as you described. Moreover it is very easy to archive your goal, because it has print, fileappend and other functions for this task. If you need any assistance just let us know.

Return to “MultiCharts”