plots in studies again  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
epepping

plots in studies again  [SOLVED]

Postby epepping » 04 Aug 2007

Not being able to plot in studies (signals) is a major drawback. I now have made an indicator but there i cannot use Buy or sell so i do not know market position. Then when i take all that out, i have two plots in an indicator that somewhat do what I want. However I can not set the subchart per plot, so I have to add the indicator the amount of times that I have plots.

In this area some other packages are much stronger. I thin kMulticharts should be improved so:
1. You can plot in studies (Signals). I do no see why it can not
2. You can set the subchart per plot, not per indicator.

If you want some screengrabs from other packages how they have a user interface let me know

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 06 Aug 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions. Could you show us the screenshots with this function in action in other programs?

Thank you.

epepping

Example screenshot

Postby epepping » 06 Aug 2007

Here is an example screenshot. As you can see, from this System I plot my ROC, my stopprice (very handy, so i see in my chart the stop loss). There is always also a plot for trades, which is very nice. You can plot trades as down and up arrow, but also as blocks. So the trades become very very visible. See the second screen shot. (the last one is very nice, and I think I requested it before. normally I could plot it myself, but plotting is not allowd in a signal)
Attachments
Example.jpg
(55.76 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
Trades.jpg
(245.75 KiB) Downloaded 585 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Aug 2007

Hello,

We are going to consider adding this feature (plotting in studies) to our future releases.

As for a partial solution, though slightly off topic, you could use trend lines to mark stops.

Return to “MultiCharts”