Anyone using IB auto trading?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.

Anyone using IB auto trading?

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007

I tried the IB auto trading with my simulated trading a/c. Sometimes the MC will loss connection with IB. It's not reliable to use MC for auto trading. Does anyone have the same problem?

Postby Guest » 15 Aug 2007

No, I use it everyday and I think it works totally fine, Ive never lost a connection or had any problems.

momentum

Postby momentum » 16 Aug 2007

No problem with IB connectivity and autotrading here

[SOLVED]

Postby Guest » 16 Aug 2007

no problems with connection loss, but theres a good delay of about 2-3 seconds when the system gives IB an order and when the execution happens, and when the markets are moving the fills are terrible. Is there any way to fix that delay?

widgetman

Postby widgetman » 16 Aug 2007

I personally won't use the auto trading interface until it can generate a order on intrabar prices. I think they were planning to support that, but at this point it may be easier to use a API to IB and call it from easy language. Has anyone else tried to use a API to IB ?

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 16 Aug 2007

I personally won't use the auto trading interface until it can generate a order on intrabar prices. I think they were planning to support that, but at this point it may be easier to use a API to IB and call it from easy language. Has anyone else tried to use a API to IB ?
You are right: at the moment MC cannot generate intrabar orders. The next MC realease (due in Q4) will have this feature.

As a temporary solution (before the new release in available) we are going to realese a special trading add-on which would enable MC generate orders from indicators, that is intra-bar generated orders will be supported.

Marina Pashkova

no problems with connection loss, but theres a good delay of about 2-3 seconds when the system gives IB an order and when the execution happens, and when the markets are moving the fills are terrible. Is there any way to fix that delay?
We have conducted numerous tests and can state that order transmission from our program to IB takes fractions of seconds and is only limited by API speed.
Once the order is transmitted how fast it is processed depends solely on the broker.

Marina Pashkova

Re: Anyone using IB auto trading?

I tried the IB auto trading with my simulated trading a/c. Sometimes the MC will loss connection with IB. It's not reliable to use MC for auto trading. Does anyone have the same problem?
MC cannot loose connection with IB because there is no such connection per se.

What might be happening is that you keep loosing connection with IB. You can check this in TWS: if the grid in the window changes its colour to pink it means that there is no connection. The problem in this case is either on the side of IB or something might be wrong with your internet connection.

Return to “MultiCharts”