How to set the Stragegy Name for each chart like TS2ki?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

How to set the Stragegy Name for each chart like TS2ki?

Postby 2haerim » 02 Sep 2007

When I open the Back-Testng Strategy Performance Report window and clicked Settings from left pane, there are several parameters shown.

Among them, I see the empty "Strategy Name". Is there any way to set it and use it to differentiate two signals from two charts with same symbol?

For example, if I open two charts with the same symbol and apply a same signal to both charts, it is impossible to tell which chart has generated a signal.

I need to differentiate which chart has generated which signal because I run multiple accounts and each chart will have different account applied.

In TS2ki, one chart can have only one strategy applied. Naturally, it is always possible to tell which chart has generated which signal.

HaeRim

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 03 Sep 2007

Dear Haerim,

Thank you for drawing our attention to the issue. We are going to work on back-testing to make such differentiation possible.

2haerim

Strategy Name concept is very welcomed

Postby 2haerim » 03 Sep 2007

Does the answer imply that the concept of Strategy Name will be added to MC backtesting?

If so, it would be REALLY great because I can trade multiple accounts.

Any ETA?

HaeRim

Marina Pashkova

Re: Strategy Name concept is very welcomed

Postby Marina Pashkova » 04 Sep 2007

Does the answer imply that the concept of Strategy Name will be added to MC backtesting?
Yes.

Any ETA?
I cannot provide any (even rough estimates) at the moment.

Return to “MultiCharts”