Chart drawings are displayed on every chart...

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
iso

Chart drawings are displayed on every chart...

Postby iso » 04 Sep 2007

After drawing on the chart for one symbol, when changing to a new symbol, the drawing objects from the first symbol are still on the chart. See attached snapshots, drawings were done on DIA and when I changed the symbol to SPY, the drawing objects from DIA were still on the chart.

Do you need to use a different chart window for every symbol that you uses?
Attachments
DIA.png
(47.63 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
SPY.png
(51.73 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Sep 2007

You can use several symbols on the same chart.

As for the drawing sitting there on the chart, this is normal program's behavior. When you apply a drawing to a chart it will always be there. Merely changing the symbol in the Format Symbol window does not delete drawings.

If you do not want to have these drawings either delete them or delete the chart with the symbol.

iso

Postby iso » 07 Sep 2007

I hope you know that this makes no sense. This is the only charting program that behaves this way.

So you are saying if I want to do analysis on one symbol and then I want to go check another symbol, I would have to erase all of my drawings (which could of taken a considerable amount of time) and then when I want to view the first symbol I have to start all my drawing over again?

Please take the time to think about this..............

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 07 Sep 2007

If you want to check another symbol you do not need to do that through replacing the existing symbol in Format Wymbol window. You can create a subchart for the new symbol in the same window or create a new chart in the new window. This way you can have as many symbols open as you want with the drawings where needed.

Return to “MultiCharts”