Typing Symbol into the comand line box

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Nick

Typing Symbol into the comand line box

Postby Nick » 19 Sep 2007

Hi,

I am having trouble when I type some symbols into the command line box. (the box on the toolbar for changing symbol/timeframe)

When I type FDAX DEC 07 everything changes OK. When I type YM Dec 07 it does not. Needless to say this matches precisely the symbol names in Quote manager. I have tried capatalising YM DEC 07 and just using the symbol root YM.

Any ideas what I might try?

Thanks.
Nick.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 19 Sep 2007

Hello Nick,

YM DEC 07 has free spaces between YM and DEC. Try that.

Nick

Postby Nick » 20 Sep 2007

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion

I tried a variety of spaces and no joy. Actually the first thing I did was cut and paste from Quotemanager so that should get it?

btw do you mean three rather than free?

Cheers
nick.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Sep 2007

Hi Nick,

Yeah, my bad: I meant 'three' spaces.

I'm not sure why three spaces wouldn't work for you. I recreated the problem here. I tried typing in FDAX DEC 07 and the chart changed. I typed in YM DEC 07 and it wouldn't work. Then I checked the symbol name in Quote Manager and saw that there was way too much space between YM and DEC. So I tried three spaces and it worked.

Are you using IB? When you type in the YM symbol from IB the symbol from what data feed is already there plotted on the chart? If the data provider is not IB, you could try typing in the following command: .csy name=<symbol name>, df=<data provider> (data provider as it's called in Format Symbol -> Symbol -> Data Source.

Let me know if that works for you.

Nick

Postby Nick » 25 Sep 2007

Hi Marina,

I will mess a little more. Currently I am travelling quite a bit so only trading a couple of times a week hence not so many visits here!

Cheers,
Nick

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Sep 2007

Hi Nick,

Just let us know if you have any questions/issues.

Have a safe trip/trips.

Return to “MultiCharts”