New dll for TWS877

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Marina Pashkova

New dll for TWS877

Postby Marina Pashkova » 20 Sep 2007

Dear users,

There have been changes in TWS. With these changes, to plot daily data from IB a new dll needs to be downloaded.

The dll is in the attachment.
Attachments
tsIBDataFeed.zip
(389 KiB) Downloaded 288 times

fs

Re: New dll for TWS877

Postby fs » 20 Sep 2007

Dear users,

There have been changes in TWS. With these changes, to plot daily data from IB a new dll needs to be downloaded.

Marina

Can you please group these kind of dll's together in a download page similar to where we can download the latest version and beta version? After a few weeks, this post of you will be buried in the forum and unless people know to look for it, they won't find it.

Going through the list of old posts, I see several other posts with dll's attached for other issues. You cannot expect people to go through all the old posts to see if there wasn't maybe a dll posted to solve a particular problem. This will be much easier if there is one page we can go to to see if there are individual patches or dll's available.

Regards
- Fanus

TJ

Postby TJ » 21 Sep 2007

Dear users,

You should deliver this message through a pop up window when people start their MC in the morning.

I wouldn't have known about this if I had not stumble upon this message.

Also people need to know what to do with the download. e.g. where to install this dll?

Not every user is computer savvy.

aja

Postby aja » 23 Sep 2007

Lucky me, I looked at this message otherwise would have never known about this dll. Managed to find out it belong to folder c:\Program Files\TS Support\Multicharts\Datafeeds (i hope). Some better way will help for sure.

jl12

Postby jl12 » 24 Sep 2007

I have downloaded the file but i do not know what I should so with it.

There is to setup or run facility.

Perhaps you could clarify for those of us with little technical knowledge

do i save it to :\Program Files\TS Support\Multicharts\Datafeeds

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 25 Sep 2007

Dear users,

I just download the new version yesterday 24th Sept 2007, do i still need to download this dll ?

thank you

Nick

Postby Nick » 25 Sep 2007

Another quick question will this new .dll work with the old TWS? I have no intention of updating TWS until it has been out for a while however I would like to have thd .dll in place ready for when I do (and in case I forget!)

Cheers,
Nick.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 25 Sep 2007

I just download the new version yesterday 24th Sept 2007, do i still need to download this dll ?

thank you
Yes, you do need to download the new dll. TWS made changes quite recently - after MC release was ready. To adjust to these changes our developers created the new dll.

aljafp

Postby aljafp » 25 Sep 2007

thank you
Yes, you do need to download the new dll. TWS made changes quite recently - after MC release was ready. To adjust to these changes our developers created the new dll.
Okay.

What is your reply to nick's query.....
I am also on an older version of TWS and have no intention to upgrade till some time later.

Will this DLL work with TWS 871.3 ?

thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Sep 2007

You don't need to download the new dll if you use the old TWS version. Just make sure that the field 'TWS bar timestamp' is unchecked (in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> Interactive Brokers -> Data Settings.

However, the new dll should also work with the older TWS versions.

dupl

Postby dupl » 27 Sep 2007

However, the new dll should also work with the older TWS versions.
Hello,
what is new and what is old? :wink:
...old TWS version.
Thanks

E.g., I have TWS 875.3 is it old?

PS: I agree that would be better, to inform on an other way like a post in the forum, maybe email, ...
I also came by chance.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 27 Sep 2007

Hello,
what is new and what is old?
...old TWS version.
That's a good point.

The latest TWS version is 877. The dll was developed to get this version work with MultiCharts.

Regarding the versions where the field TWS Bar TimeStamp needs to be checked/unchecked the situation is as follows:

1) Unchecked: in versions 872 and older as well as in version 877.
2) Checked: in versions 873-875.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 29 Oct 2007

I observe somtimes several minutes difference between TWS servertime and my own computertime. TWs time is more correct. Should i check also "Use server timestamps" for realtime data, or does this have no effect on the bars in the chart. I use TWS 875.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

It is better not to check Use Server TimeStamps for TWS because it often results in the following error: the bars will be sent with the same timestamp and they will be accumulated in the same bar on chart.

Return to “MultiCharts”