problem importing read-only studies with shared functions

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
Arbitrageur

problem importing read-only studies with shared functions

Postby Arbitrageur » 26 Sep 2007

I have several SEF files for different studies, which have some common shared functions.

As of the latest release of MC (v2.1.999.999) when I try to import a .SEF file, if the common files are already installed, I cannot complete the import process, because the installation process no longer allows me to skip installing the read-only files, and the checkboxes in the "import study" window do not permit me to de-select the shared files from the installation

Example:
study1.sef
study2.sef

I install study1.sef fine. Study1 shares ten functions with study2.sef. When i try to import study2.sef, i get the message "the following studie salready exists and are read-only. you cannot overwrite".

Basically from this stage there is nothing I can do, i cannot de-select the functions only from the installation process. and I cannot delete the functions only, because if i try to delete the functions, MC automatically un-installs the dependant study.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Sep 2007

Hi,

.sef files only work with the versions they were created for. Files exported from the older MC version cannot be imported into the newer one.
If you want to use the old .sef files in the new MC version you could ask the developers to adjust them for MC 2.1

Arbitrageur

Postby Arbitrageur » 26 Sep 2007

that isnt the nature of the problem I'm describing - the SEF files are all compatible with the version of MC that I am using - the problem is that the latest version of MC does not allow me to import seperate SEF files that share common read-only functions.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Sep 2007

To ensure the integrity of mutually dependent Read-Only studies (ensuring their mutual compatibiltiy) import with overwriting the shared read-only functions is not allowed.

Return to “MultiCharts”