MC and OD collide?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

MC and OD collide?

Postby 2haerim » 25 Oct 2007

Either MC or OD does not work when both are installed.

Test as follows to see collision:

1) Install the latest OD.
2) Install the latest MC.
3) Run TS8.
4) Run OD's QM and insert a symbol from TS2ki's GlobalServer.
5) Run MC's QM and insert the same symbol from TS2ki's GlobalServer.
6) Connect the symbol from both QMs. => Both receives quotes.
7) Plot the symbol from both TS8 and MC.

=> Depending on the order of TS8 and MC installation, only one chart will plot and the other will be pending for something.

I've been reported about this bug from several people.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Oct 2007

Hi HaeRim,

Thank you for drawing our attention to the problem We'll reproduce it on our end and I'll post the results.

2haerim

MC and OD collision confirmed?

Postby 2haerim » 29 Oct 2007

Is this bug confirmed? I haven't heard anything yet.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

We are still studying this issue. Hopefully, I will have the answer for you tomorrow.

Regards.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Oct 2007

Dear HaeRim,

We haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our end. We followed your description closely with the latest OwnData and MultiCharts QuoteManager. But in the scenario you are describing the charts were being plotted both in TS and in MultiCharts without any problems.

Do you think you could show us the problem via HelpDesk? Were the people who reported the problem using the latest OwnData 2.6?

Regards

2haerim

MC & OD collide for sure

Postby 2haerim » 08 Nov 2007

Please try to plot 1 tick chart for 2 days back for $SOX from exchange PBT using TS datafeed(tsTSDatafeed.dll).

MC will show TS8's login dialog and after entering valid id/pwd it will plot the $SOX chart, but it does not update realtime. If you plot it in TS8 this time, it plots normally.

I checked the session and it was set to 24 hours. So it should've plotted.

I tried another symbol @ES. The result was the same as $SOX. TS8 plots ok, but MC just plot historical chart but does not update realtime.

Another strange things is that when I plot @ES in MC, TS8's @ES chart was reloaded. This should not happen.

This collision problem is being reported from all users running MC and OD at the same time.

If you still do not reproduce the collision, I willshow via HD.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 14 Nov 2007

Dear HaeRim,

From what you showed us yesterday on HelpDesk the problem you are describing is not that of collision b/w OwnData and MultiCharts. The reason why the chart wasn't plotting in MC and started plotting only later was that the data for the symbol was delayed. MC processes delayed data in a different way from TS - that is why you could see the symbol ticking in TS while in MC it started working later.

Best regards.

Return to “MultiCharts”