Name of Study Templates

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
gautama2

Name of Study Templates

Postby gautama2 » 28 Oct 2007

Hello,
i'm writing the strategy signals into a file and would like to put the name of the study template into the file name. How can i get the template name into a string variable? If it is possible to get the names of the active strategies into a string too, then o would like to know this also :)

My filename looks like this in the moment and i would like to put in the strategy names or at least the studytemplate names also.

var: fname(" "), datumzeit(" "), interval(" ");;

datumzeit = FormatDate("yyyyMMdd", computerdatetime) + " " + FormatTime("hh mm",computerdatetime);
interval = NumToStr(barinterval, 0);

fname = "C:\MC Tests\_Testresult for " + getsymbolname + " in "+interval+" Minutes Timeframe"+" tested at " + datumzeit + ".csv";

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 29 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Study template name cannot be extracted. However, for the strategy name(if I understand what you are trying to do) you can use the function getstrategyname.

gautama2

Postby gautama2 » 29 Oct 2007

Hi Marina,
if I understand what you are trying to do
Basically yes. But i like to get the names of all active strategies in the chart.
Getstrategyname gives me just the name of the strategy that prints into the file. i made an extra strtegy for this and it plots every signal of all active strategies, but i cannot get their names into the filename, which would be of great help to get the results automatically stored with meaningful filenames.
I thought of getting the names of the study templates that have the strategies stored and then i would point to the template names which represent the strategies, but this also isn't possible.

Regards
Robert

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 31 Oct 2007

Hi Robert,

Although what you are describing is possible in theory, there are no straightforward or easy ways to do it. Also, even for those cases when it is possible there still will be a number of limitations.

Return to “MultiCharts”