Can autotrades be triggered from data2?

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
maxpi

Can autotrades be triggered from data2?

Postby maxpi » 31 Oct 2007

I want to put tick data as data2 and time bar data as data1 and have a strategy accessing both data streams. I want the time bars to have their normal spacing and to do that they need to be in data1 but I want the effect of intrabar trading by trading off of the tick data....

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 01 Nov 2007

Hi maxpi,

Trading is always done from data1 even if 2 data streams are used by the code. As for the spacing, the distance between the time based bars will always depend on how many tick bars there are - irrespective of whether they are plotted as data1 or data2.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 01 Nov 2007

Thanks. That is fine really, I'm designing a trading setup for myself and wanted to be able to draw on the same chart as the autotrade but the spacing has to be the normal way for drawings to be accurate... I can have another chart for drawing. When you complete the intrabar entry code that will fix itself, I won't need the tick data stream on the chart.....

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 02 Nov 2007

Hi maxpi,

That's right. And since intrabar order generation will be available quite soon you won't have to wait much longer till this is fixed.

Regards.

maxpi

Postby maxpi » 05 Nov 2007

In this case the spacing problem was a result of mixed up data. I had gotten data from different feeds with interruptions I guess, I deleted the data, started the chart anew and the spacing of the minute bars seems fine with tick data as data1 and hidden...

I am looking forward to the changes in the autotrading interface. Dynaorder and Hyperorder have been the very best designs of a trading interface to IB, if you want to design it perfectly just do what they did.. they had feedback from the API available to the script such as order status, marketposition, connection status, and a lot more, simple but very effective for trading with limit orders and keeping the strategy synched up with TWS.... they had global variables as well, a nice little addition that made globals nicely accessable and very simple to use...

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Nov 2007

Dear maxpi,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are currently working to improve autotrading in MultiCharts and your contribution is certainly helpful.

Thank you.

Return to “MultiCharts”