PC is running out of memory

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
dupl

PC is running out of memory

Postby dupl » 09 Nov 2007

Hello,

1.)
I get sometimes this window PC is running out of memory, but can't close it, if I want to do like it says "reduce the number of bars etc."

2.)
And how it is running out of memory if I have 3GB RAM installed and the system only uses 1.9GB? See screenshot.

What can I do 1. and 2.?

Thanks
Attachments
PC_is_running_out_of_memory.PNG
(51.64 KiB) Downloaded 544 times

dupl

I closed all other applications, so only 1.5GB is used, but I can't close MC, or this window "PC is running out of memory".

Is ist only possible to close it over the Task-Manager?
Attachments
PC_is_running_out_of_memory2.PNG
(26.95 KiB) Downloaded 535 times

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Nov 2007

Hi dupl,

How many workspaces with how many charts are you using? How many bars are there on your charts? What data resolutions and over what time frames are you plotting?

Regards.

dupl

Hi,

six workspaces ca. 20 charts, some with seconds resolution and a one year history...

I got a zip log file, if I had to kill the MC task, do you need it? At which email adress if you want it?

Thanks

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 09 Nov 2007

Hi dupl,

There is a limitation for 32bit XP and 32bit MultiChart: the application can't use over 2 GB even if you have 100 GB available. If you would like to change this limitation we will give you a link to the info on how this can be done.

However, the easiest way would be to reduce the amount of data in the charts, because what is being used currently is an enormous amount of data.

Return to “MultiCharts”