Suggestion for Tracking Time & Price feature

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
2haerim

Suggestion for Tracking Time & Price feature

Postby 2haerim » 23 Nov 2007

Tracking Time & Price feature is very superb, but I would like to suggest some options.

When I plot two charts (1 min and 1 tick), sometimes I need to move cross pointer between two charts frequently.

It's ok to move in 1 tick chart because moving some ticks does not move 1 min chart that much so that I can see both cross pointers.

However in reverse situation, it is quite contrary. Even moving a few min bars would shift the 1 tick chart far back to the left most side of the screen and eventually the tick chart gets scrolled.

From that moment, the 1 tick chart does not get updated nor the price/indicator markers do not change. It embarassed me and it looked like the live data had stopped but it was not at all.

To make the 1 tick chart plot again, I have to click the 1 tick chart and drag the horizontal scroll bar of the 1 tick chart to the right most side or press End key. This is annonying to those who use both tick and intrabar charts at the same time.

In such case when the 1 tick chart scroll far left, I wish MC would split the 1 tick chart into two vertical panes and in the left pane shows the area where the cross pointer should appear, and in the right pane the chart and price/indicator markers keep updatiing as the live data comes in. This way, we can see both the tracking feature and live chart updating at the same time.

If the above suggestion is hard or unrealistic to implement, I would like at least to see the price/indicator markers continuously updated even though the 1 tick chart had scrolled to the far left side.

Marina Pashkova

Postby Marina Pashkova » 26 Nov 2007

Dear HaeRim,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards.

2haerim

Will my suggestion be implemented in the near future version

Postby 2haerim » 26 Nov 2007

Marina,

Yes, Please add this to the implementation list.

Nobody won't the smaller interval chart stop updating the price/indicator markers when the tracking time/price feature is on. It is necessary to see both current price/indicators updating and the point where the cross pointer should appear.

So I suggest tracking time/price feature have the following options:
1) Split the smaller interval chart into two vertical panes when it needs to scroll out of the left most side. In the left pane, show the area where cross pointer should appear and in the right pane, keep the chart plotting normally with price/indicator markers get updated continuously as the live data comes in.
2) Do not split and scroll out of the left most side to show the area where the cross pointer. But this time the price/indicator markers should keep updating even though the chart does not plot to the right side of the screen as the live data comes in.

Return to “MultiCharts”