Drawings on indicator panels

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
Yaropolk

Drawings on indicator panels

Postby Yaropolk » 29 Aug 2013

Hello,

This is a feature request.

I draw a trend line or other drawings for some symbol on the chart. Then I open anther symbol on that chart and the program 1) removes all drawings for previous symbol; 2) remembers all those drawings for previous symbol.

Now when I draw something on indicator panel neither of the above two points apply. This is not nice. And drawings on indicators are extremely useful for MACD, Stochastic, RSI etc. divergences analysis. It will be great to have this feature implemented.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Drawings on indicator panels

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

Yaropolk, please elaborate what exact functionality / behavior you want to have implemented.

Yaropolk

Postby Yaropolk » 30 Aug 2013

Henry, please see the attached picture.

On the left chart I loaded a JOY symbol and drew 2 trend lines: 1 on a price chart and one on Stochastic indicator panel.

Now on the very same chart I loaded another symbol (the right chart, SPY).What I got with the for the price chart is: 1) trend line is removed; 2) the trend line's position is remembered, next time I open the chart for JOY symbol it'll be shown. And what I got for indicator panel is: 1) trend line ISN'T removed; 2) it's not remembered for the JOY symbol, it's just left there for any other symbol I load for the price chart.

I hope now I made my point clear.
Attachments
pic_3.png
(62.01 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

Henry, please see the attached picture.

On the left chart I loaded a JOY symbol and drew 2 trend lines: 1 on a price chart and one on Stochastic indicator panel.

Now on the very same chart I loaded another symbol (the right chart, SPY).What I got with the for the price chart is: 1) trend line is removed; 2) the trend line's position is remembered, next time I open the chart for JOY symbol it'll be shown. And what I got for indicator panel is: 1) trend line ISN'T removed; 2) it's not remembered for the JOY symbol, it's just left there for any other symbol I load for the price chart.

I hope now I made my point clear.
Yaropolk, this is exactly how it works at the moment. This is expected behavior.
Please describe how do you want this behavior to be improved.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”