RT collecting w/o plotting  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
plaforte

RT collecting w/o plotting

Postby plaforte » 30 Aug 2013

Hello,

I follow 26 currency pairs, I have a workspace with 6 time frames and I flip from pair to pair by typing the new symbol. My feed is TS

If I use the RT collecting w/o plotting, will that speed up the opening of my charts when I change the symbol ?

Thank you

Henry MultiСharts

Re: RT collecting w/o plotting  [SOLVED]

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 30 Aug 2013

Hello plaforte,

Collect RT data w/o plotting collects only real time data from the moment this option is enabled (you need to keep the QuoteManager open and the option enabled in order to to collect data).
It does not backfill historical data.

If the option "Save data to local database" is enabled in QuoteManager->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings then the data loaded on a chart in MultiCharts will be saved to the local data base and should be accessed faster next time it is requested.

plaforte

Re: RT collecting w/o plotting

Postby plaforte » 30 Aug 2013

Hello plaforte,

Collect RT data w/o plotting collects only real time data from the moment this option is enabled (you need to keep the QuoteManager open and the option enabled in order to to collect data).
It does not backfill historical data.

If the option "Save data to local database" is enabled in QuoteManager->Tools->Data sources->TS->Settings then the data loaded on a chart in MultiCharts will be saved to the local data base and should be accessed faster next time it is requested.
Thank you Henry, now that the data are collected in the local database, it displays faster when I flip the instrument.
Best regards
Pierre

Return to “MultiCharts”