Store data as custom symbol? (.Net or standard MC)

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
SysInv

Store data as custom symbol? (.Net or standard MC)

Postby SysInv » 10 Sep 2013

I'm trying to create an index, which is theoretically tradeable, but still derived from a variety of other symbols hence no actual symbol exist for "my personal" index.

So far I've solved it by creating it as an indicator, recode my methods to analyze the indicator data rather than a symbol to generate signals, and then spread the signal to the standard symbols that belong to the index. This is however a very time consuming solution and not very friendly when changes need to be made. I could export the data and import it as an ASCII symbol, but this means I need to keep doing as new data becomes available.

Is there any way in MC.Net or standard MC to create my own feed to a symbol in the QuoteManager? I need it for backtesting and realtime signal generation, but execution is performed on another platform. The only solution I've come up with here is to have the chart send the indicator/index info to a dll that in turn works as a data feed plugin, but wonder if there are any existing methods available to simplify what I'm trying to achieve?

Cheers

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Store data as custom symbol? (.Net or standard MC)

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 10 Sep 2013

Hello SysInv,

That is possible to do that.
For example export the values you need into a text file and then use ASCII mapping to plot the data from it.
The other solution is to feed the data into Excel (using a dll or our RTD server) and then get the data from Excel using Universal DDE connection. In order to save the data into local database you need to enable the option "collect RT data w/o plotting" for this symbol in the QuoteManager.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”