Quickly opening a study/signal against a longlist of symbols  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
AntiMatter

Quickly opening a study/signal against a longlist of symbols

Postby AntiMatter » 11 Sep 2013

This seems like an elementary task, but I can't see an obvious way to achieve it.

Lets say I have a list of 20 symbols, which I have (for example) just got from a scanner. I want to run the same signal (or group of signals) against all of these symbols. However, the signals are single instrument only (e.g. not multi-instrument signals).

The only way to achieve this (as far as I can see) is to click on each symbol (in the scanner), and then create a chart window, and then insert the studies/signals that I require. And then repeat this 20x.

Is there a quicker way?!

tcat

Re: Quickly opening a study/signal against a longlist of sym  [SOLVED]

Postby tcat » 19 Sep 2013

You may either proceed by creating a study template with the studies you need and set it to be automatically applied to all new windows,
Else, you can create a default chart window with all studies enabled, copy the window, and then paste it the number of times required. For each chart, the instrument will need to be modified.

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Quickly opening a study/signal against a longlist of sym

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 26 Sep 2013

AntiMatter, at the moment in MultiCharts you can trade one symbol per chart only. If you want to link multiple charts to share information between them – you need to use Global Variables: https://www.multicharts.com/trading-sof ... _Variables
If you want to trade a certain number of instruments-you need to have a chart open for each symbol.

We are going to implement portfolio trading in MultiCharts 9. Please send us an email to support@muticharts.com if you would like to join the beta testing of this functionality.

Return to “MultiCharts”