Study on study / indicator on indicator

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
magcf

Study on study / indicator on indicator

Postby magcf » 11 Sep 2013

Hi there.

Some time ago I read a thread about this, but I can't find it anymore, so I apologise for any duplication.

I just wonder whether somebody at MC can confirm that the implementation of study on study / indicator on indicator is actually being considered for a new release of .NET, like the possibility of applying momentum or moving averages to indicators rather than just price, for instance.

Thanks for your help.

FistPeso

Re: Study on study / indicator on indicator

Postby FistPeso » 12 Sep 2013

There is a huge need for this. I was quite shocked that Multicharts did not support this out of the box.

magcf

Postby magcf » 12 Sep 2013

So was I, considering that my first package (Metastock EOD) already had this flexibility in 1998.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 12 Sep 2013

This functionality will be added in MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1 that is expected later this month.

magcf

Postby magcf » 13 Sep 2013

This functionality will be added in MultiCharts 8.8 beta 1 that is expected later this month.
Excellent news, thanks. Does this mean this feature (and the corrected version of Lin Reg Curve for inputs higher than 1024) will also be available in .NET and .NET SE, or will they confined to MC only?

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 13 Sep 2013

Excellent news, thanks. Does this mean this feature (and the corrected version of Lin Reg Curve for inputs higher than 1024) will also be available in .NET and .NET SE, or will they confined to MC only?
MultiCharts and MultiCharts .NET have the same functionality. The only difference is in the programming language.
The same platform revision (for ex. 8.7 Release, 8.8 beta 1) will have the same features and (in most cases) the same bug fixes across all products: MultiCharts, MultiCharts .Net, MultiCharts .Net SE.

magcf

Postby magcf » 13 Sep 2013

MultiCharts and MultiCharts .NET have the same functionality. The only difference is in the programming language.
The same platform revision (for ex. 8.7 Release, 8.8 beta 1) will have the same features and (in most cases) the same bug fixes across all products: MultiCharts, MultiCharts .Net, MultiCharts .Net SE.

Henry

Thanks for clarifying that. I was aware of the difference in programming language, but I was confused by this statement "Combine best features of the popular MultiCharts platform with endless possibilities of .NET" on https://www.multicharts.com/net/, which left me to think that maybe some features are not carried over. All clear now.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”