integrate real time quote with backend textfile data

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
rst

integrate real time quote with backend textfile data

Postby rst » 12 Sep 2013

Hi

I want to combine a current real time minute data quote (e.g. for ES) with
a single text file minute data history file that contains several years of data of this contract that I have prepared by myself and keep its maintenance. This ascii file be loaded separately into MC with no problem by mapping it using the quote manager and I can assign any name to it.

Now, practically speaking is it technically possible to create custom contract that is a union of the most recent current contract backed by a history imported into MC as ascii file?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: integrate real time quote with backend textfile data

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 24 Sep 2013

Hello rst,

There are multiple ways to achieve your goal:
1) That is possible to import the historical data you have in a text file into your current front month contract. Importing data.

2) A real-time data source and a historical data source can be merged into a single chart.
Real-time data will be plotted from the moment you have created a chart. That it is not possible to set a certain rollover point at which historical data will stop and realtime data will start. Missing data between the last data point of historical symbol and current moment using realtime data will not be backfilled.
You can find more information regarding the Merging procedure at this page.

3) Use Custom Futures. Creating Custom Futures Using ASCII Import

Return to “MultiCharts”