Strange behavior for my indicator using forex JPY pairs  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
arjfca

Strange behavior for my indicator using forex JPY pairs

Postby arjfca » 25 Sep 2013

Hello

What could cause my indicator to work perfectly with any forex pair exept all the "JPY" pairs.
The indicator is use to highlight bars that has showed a greater volatility the the preceding one.

The indicator also show the middle of that bar, The indicator work perfectly except when to display the middle of an Hammer or Shooting star ( extended long wick) for all JPY pairs

Any idea?

Martin
Attachments
WRB_Indi.pla
(39.93 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Other_WRB.jpg
(349.26 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
JPY_WRB.jpg
(349.26 KiB) Downloaded 309 times

TJ

Re: Strange behavior for my indicator using forex JPY pairs

Postby TJ » 25 Sep 2013

Hello
What could cause my indicator to work perfectly with any forex pair exept all the "JPY" pairs.
The indicator is use to highlight bars that has showed a greater volatility the the preceding one.
The indicator also show the middle of that bar, The indicator work perfectly except when to display the middle of an Hammer or Shooting star ( extended long wick) for all JPY pairs
Any idea?
Martin
can you manually calculate the plot location for this bar?

Code: Select all

If A_Hammer then begin
plot1( L - distance ,"Shoot_Hammer",blue);

arjfca

Resolve: Strange behavior for my indicator using forex JPY p  [SOLVED]

Postby arjfca » 25 Sep 2013

Hello
Any idea?
Martin
can you manually calculate the plot location for this bar?

Code: Select all

If A_Hammer then begin
plot1( L - distance ,"Shoot_Hammer",blue);
Hello TJ

Plotting is not the problem, Text placement is

I think I have found the source of the problem
In my code I use (Lowest(Open[0], Close[0]) to get the lowest value between those. The function Lowest does not perform this task. It is use to select the lowest price for a given series like the Lowest low of the last 10 bars

JPY pairs are in 100$ vs the other around 1.00$ The problem was there with the others but was not apparent

MaxList instead od Highest
MinList instead of Lowest

Martin

Return to “MultiCharts”