how to create custom button?  [SOLVED]

Questions about MultiCharts .NET and user contributed studies.
ycomp

how to create custom button?

Postby ycomp » 01 Oct 2013

Hi, I googled and searched help but I didn't seem to find anything about creating custom buttons just that it was possible... but no info how to do it.

I want to code a custom button that will toggle this historical orders on the chart on/off.

or does this functionality already exist somewhere?

Henry MultiСharts

Re: how to create custom button?

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 02 Oct 2013

Hi, I googled and searched help but I didn't seem to find anything about creating custom buttons just that it was possible... but no info how to do it.
Hello ycomp,

That is possible to implement that. Check out Chart ToolBar section of our Programming Guide to learn how to do that. The pre-built indicator _Chart_ToolBar_Example_ and the signal _ChartToolBar_Trading_ may be used as examples.
I want to code a custom button that will toggle this historical orders on the chart on/off.
Unfortunately there is no way to access this option from the code. You may want to submit a feature request to the Project Management of our web site if you would like to have this functionality added in the future: https://www.multicharts.com/pm/

KhaosTrader

Re: how to create custom button?  [SOLVED]

Postby KhaosTrader » 04 Oct 2013

A workaround might be to make 2 charts, one with historical orders off, and another with historical orders on, for reference...

Just an idea.

Return to “MultiCharts .NET”