Similiar jigsaw indicator for Multicharts

Questions about MultiCharts and user contributed studies.
billyfoe

Similiar jigsaw indicator for Multicharts

Postby billyfoe » 12 Oct 2013

Hi,

I was looking at Multicharts third party indicators, and was not able to find a similar "jigsaw" indicator for Multicharts (rec tape, sum tape and the special DOM feature). If there is a similar indicator out there, could someone please guide me to the right direction.

Regards,

Billy

Henry MultiСharts

Re: Similiar jigsaw indicator for Multicharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 17 Oct 2013

Hello billyfoe,

Please describe the indicator you are referring to in more details. What exactly it calculates and plots?

billyfoe

Postby billyfoe » 19 Oct 2013

Hi Henry,

I have send you a private message.

Henry MultiСharts

Postby Henry MultiСharts » 22 Oct 2013

I have sent you an email.

andrei

Postby andrei » 05 May 2014

Hi guys,

can we know what was the resolution ... is there anything within Multicharts resembling Jigsaw, or are there any plans to integrate Jigsaw in MC?

thanks

ABC

Postby ABC » 06 May 2014

andrei,

in my opinion to properly do this Multicharts would need to change the way level 2 is currently handled. It now works with a timer update and that will lead to missing book changes. This would have to be event based, provided of course that your datafeed delivers all events.

Regards,
ABC
Hi guys,

can we know what was the resolution ... is there anything within Multicharts resembling Jigsaw, or are there any plans to integrate Jigsaw in MC?

thanks

SP

Postby SP » 06 May 2014

The normal version also needs the features from the .Net version to detect BidAsk Trade ( CumulativeDeltaChartType.ASK_TRADE_BID_TRADE, FootPrintChartType.BID_ASK_VOL) into PLE
without usind data2. The jigsaw Summary tape is much easier to read and better for detecting DOM/T+S momentum.

I was told that the next beta should have a small improvement on the Times and Sales aggregation so that the aggregation starts
new if the traded at bid traded at ask changes as well. At the moment it aggregates on similar price regardless of the bid and ask.

arnie

Postby arnie » 06 May 2014

This is my attempt to mimic Jigsaw setup

DOM at the center, traded volume at the bid on the left and on the offer on right.
Sure, it would be preferable to have all this in one single window, basically merging the DOM with the T&S.
Sure, it would also be preferable to be able to slim the T&S window so we couldn't have so much dead space between the text which make the distance our eyes need to travel higher.
Sure, if TT hadn't pattented the DOM centered it would facilitate a lot to have a constant level between the DOM and the T&S (by the way, that's why I requested a feature do have a keyboard shortcut so we can center the DOM instead of having to use the mouse).

Regarding the DOM always centered there's nothing that can be done but apart from that, there are many features requests for the DOM. We just need to wait for MC management to pick them up.

Till than, we use what we have available and fortunately, the guys at MC have been presenting us with awesome tools capable of give the best possible auction reading.
Attachments
DOM.jpg
(346.02 KiB) Downloaded 1235 times

MAtricks

Postby MAtricks » 23 Jun 2014

any further word on this? I wonder if Jigsaw would offer their product in MC? Or better yet, MC could gather ideas from what they've done.. :D

Return to “MultiCharts”